New E760 MotherBoard keeps restarting itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

augest

In Runtime
Just got my board in today, And after hooking everything up I hit the power on switch and it comes on and 3 seconds later it shuts off. Then will boot itself back on and shut back off then repeat over and over and over and over till I unhook the psu.

I've unplugged everything but the mother board to the psu, And I've got it down to the top two 6 pin power connector's. It seems when either of them are plugged in it will keep restarting itself as I said. No matter which one I plug in to or both of them.

However when neither is plugged in it will come on like a champ but wont boot or post or anything of course. I know at least 1 of the 6 pins are needed for it to work. But **** is the problem here to make it keep rebooting itself when one is plugged in?

The PSU is a Corsair AX1200.

Maybe a bad board?

Thanks for your help.

6-pin mobo connector??? You should have (2) 8-pin connections. Have you tried resetting the Bios?

Yes they was my mistake, They are 8 pins, One being optional if you so choose. However either or both still cause the same issue.

I'm RMA'ing the board and shall try again.

Thanks for the help!

An yes I've taken the battery out etc etc. I don't know how anything could be changed in the bios since I've never been able to get it to post.

When I got my E760 it did the exact same thing that yours is doing. But I can't remember what I did to get it to stop. Seems like I reset the bios and possibly removed a stick of ram. Once it actually posted I adjusted the bios to match my memory and I haven't had a problem since.

Just a update. I did send the board back, And the new one worked 100% fine with no issues. Also one of my 480's blew up on me 3 days after I finished the build. :( But newegg has been great in cross shipping for me. And now I'm 100% fully working haha.

Here's some photos. Thanks again for all the help to all of you!

Specs;

Antec 1200 (Case)
eVGA E760 Classified (Mother Board)
Core i7 930 (CPU)
Corsair DDR3 1600 - 6 Gigs (Ram)
eVGA GTX 480 Super Clock x2 SLI (Video Cards - GPU)
Corsair H70 (HSF)
Corsair AX1200 (PSU)
Western Digital 64 Gig SSD & a 1 TB WD (Hard Drives)
Creative X-Fi (Sound Card)

Here is some photos.

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom