Harddrive is Full??

Status
Not open for further replies.

markpelly

Baseband Member
I was looking at some files today in on my computer and decided to check out how much space i had left on my hard drive. Aparently i have 180 gigs of information on my laptop..and i reinstalled windows last week..last week. I have put office, AIM, a few other music and video editing programs and thats it. Is it possible that when i installed Win7 that it saved the entire image of Vista that was on here before?

Well i just started a scan on Avast and im going to do one MalwareBytes soon. While i was watching this scan, i saw Avast scanning things that arent even my laptop. The laptop had vista before with a whole bunch of bloatware and im seeing all the "HP Games" being scanned at the moment. i dont even have that stuff on here..

I just searched the computer and there is defiantly a backup of all the old files from when Vista was on here..is there a simple way to get rid of all that? is it easy enought to just delete the entire Program Files folder?

there are two program files folders..one that just says "Program Files" which im pretty sure is Win7's. and then there is a "Program Files x86" which has a whole crap load of stuff on it..

In Windows x64, there are two separate folders.

I think there is a folder in C:/ that is called winnt_old or something like that.

its just called Windows.old, and there is def the remnants of that OS on here still. I guess i could try another clean install this weekend?

The file called windows.old is your install of Vista. That is why your hard drive is full. You didnt format the drive when you installed Windows 7. Remove that file and free up space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom