Need advice on building my gaming pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratta25

Beta member
hello im currently in the process of building myslef a gaming pc now for me budget isnt to much of a matter so in that case its kind of good to learn bout the best quality parts out there but also where the bargains are. So far for the pc i have got the following:
An Antec 1200 case
An evga x58 sli le motherboard
a 1200 watt gaming power supply

what i would like to know is recommendations on the other parts and where to get the best prices?

what is your budget for the rest of the parts you need??

newegg, amazon and tigerdirect are great places, also best buy is good sometimes when they have deals...

The ATI HD 5970 is a huge waste of money, for almost 1/2 the price you could pickup a pair of GTX 460 that will outperform it. You would be better off buying a single 5870 now and picking up a 2nd 5870 later if you need more power. Or Nvidia has a few good options worth considering.
Newegg.com - XFX HD-587X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

The Corsair Dominator's are also a huge waste of money, your paying extra for the name. This memory is $50 cheaper and it offers the same performance, or very close.
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM

And the Coolermaster V8 is a $50 heatsink at best, if your going to spend that kind of money you should get this instead.
Newegg.com - Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler
and it needs a fan
Newegg.com - Antec 761345-75120-9 120mm Case Fan

And lastly, you don't need a 1200 watts. Right now all you need is a 600w-750w unit.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom