*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark Vantage Rankings*

Ouch! You'll pwn with that rig :thumbsup:
Now the question is, would I buy another 480 JUST to beat your soon-to-be awesome score? :p

Thanks for the compliment. Great score by the way man. As for throwing in another Fermi, I would certainly hope so.... In the spirit of competition of course. Still 48K for a GPU score is pretty good. Just think, my CPU is bottle-necking the cards, but I think the 980X should clear that up with a nice OC. I might also upgrade the mobo so I can run a PhysX card without one of the 5970s dropping to x8. I'm thinking about picking up a 460 for PhysX.... By the way, what does that 980X score without PhysX? So I know what to expect... Theoretically with an acceptable VID, I should be able to hit 4.5ghz-4.7ghz with a 980X...theoretically.

Thanks Slay, how are you these days? Also, my GPU memory clock was at 1250mhz for that run, dont know why I put 1225mhz..

I fixed your memory speed in the results listing :thumbsup:

I'm doing ok, about the same I guess. You guys keep making me want to buy a 980X but I just can't force myself to spend that much cash. If the 970 would drop in price I would consider getting one to play with.

I fixed your memory speed in the results listing :thumbsup:

I'm doing ok, about the same I guess. You guys keep making me want to buy a 980X but I just can't force myself to spend that much cash. If the 970 would drop in price I would consider getting one to play with.

Thanks man. Yeah I decided to go for the 980X because it's unlocked and has 6.4gt/s QPI, versus the 4.8gt/s QPI of the 970. I dont understand why Intel raised the MSRP of the 970, an obviously lower binned chip to almost be on par with their top flagship chip. Also Intel said that it would be cheaper than it currently is when it rolled out. So 980X it is, at least I can be sure of an unlocked multiplier and possibly better results than a binned chip.

Thanks for the compliment. Great score by the way man. As for throwing in another Fermi, I would certainly hope so.... In the spirit of competition of course. Still 48K for a GPU score is pretty good. Just think, my CPU is bottle-necking the cards, but I think the 980X should clear that up with a nice OC. I might also upgrade the mobo so I can run a PhysX card without one of the 5970s dropping to x8. I'm thinking about picking up a 460 for PhysX.... By the way, what does that 980X score without PhysX? So I know what to expect... Theoretically with an acceptable VID, I should be able to hit 4.5ghz-4.7ghz with a 980X...theoretically.

I did a run with physx disabled to check that very thing myself, see here:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/o...ntage-rankings-173820/index8.html#post1807566

a few posts above that is what I got with physx enabled on the same clocks

Very Nice scores guys!

lol get back...get back ....Stay away from my score =)

What I wouldn't give for a 90k cpu score with my gpu score.

PS and MB have been rma'd.

Well, I've just finished reading up on everything I need to do to update the 480s, this weekend your score is going down :devil:

128770125939624752.jpg

Back
Top Bottom