2nd Upgrade I've done

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveoscc

Solid State Member
Hello everone, my name is Steven and this will be my 2nd time upgrading my PC.
I've been doing some searching on the internet and I came up with a build and I want to do but I want your guys opinions first, if you dont mind! :p

CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9500 or better model
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H
Videocard: ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 1 GB DDR3 625mHz

What do you guys think?
I wanted to ask another question: a friend of mine he sent me a link of another video card which is: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit DDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card, what I wanted to ask is that this one is a DDR5 and the other a DDR3, can I get either one for this motherboard?

And I can crossfire either video card, right?

Thanks for your guys time, last time I did an upgrade was 4 years ago! lol!

Well for what Ive seen on ebay, everything should add to about $250, so my budget should be $300...

whats your budget for this upgrade?

also, what powersupply do you have? and what operating system are you using?

Opps sorry, I didnt see ur 2nd question, I dont remember what powersuppky that I currently have, I think its a 125 w, but I have to check that for you, I'm using Windows XP, thinking about getting 7, but not sure just yet

Thanks for the links man, I appreciate it.
Let me ask one question: I googled an article and I read that the motherboard that I posted and the AMD model (Phenom) are the best for gaming, so I have to ask this question (i know its stupid but like I said before I aint that good with computers) is this, what you posted, like a slight downgrade to what I posted, equivalant, or an upgrade?

Thanks again for your time, I appreciate it!

Well I was dumb enough to actually bid on Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB, I thought it was good but I guess its not really that good, right now the auction is at $45.99.

Actually, I found reviews of the product on youtube AFTER i bidded on it, murphy's law follows me like always!
I mean, the reviews are ok, but there's better stuff that is around my price range which is about $100...

I think its a good thing that the mother bard I want to get: Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H which has a Video Chipset: ATI Radeon HD 4200, I'll just crossfire that hopefully it's a little bit better!

Let me ask one question: I googled an article and I read that the motherboard that I posted and the AMD model (Phenom) are the best for gaming, so I have to ask this question (i know its stupid but like I said before I aint that good with computers) is this, what you posted, like a slight downgrade to what I posted, equivalant, or an upgrade?

it must've been an old article or something because it would be wrong. you could use that board and cpu for some gaming, but they're far from the best.

the combo expired already anyway, but if you wanted an answer to your question here you'd have to remember what parts were in it.

Well I was dumb enough to actually bid on Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB, I thought it was good but I guess its not really that good, right now the auction is at $45.99.

Actually, I found reviews of the product on youtube AFTER i bidded on it, murphy's law follows me like always!
I mean, the reviews are ok, but there's better stuff that is around my price range which is about $100...

I think its a good thing that the mother bard I want to get: Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H which has a Video Chipset: ATI Radeon HD 4200, I'll just crossfire that hopefully it's a little bit better!

the 5450 isn't really meant to be a gaming card, unless you're just playing old games and/or on low details/res.

what do you mean you'll just crossfire it?

Thanks again for your time, I appreciate it!

the original Phenom, not to be confused with Phenom 2, is significantly slower than athlon 2 and Phenom 2.

With the HD 4200, even when crossfired, will not provide enjoyable gaming performance with modern games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom