This seems like a great deal. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well appreciate help guys. I bought this Acer and so far, so good. Not sure if its as fast as I thought it would be, but maybe my expectations were too high. Could be my DSL and/or firefox which is lagging my surfing speed.

I ran PC Pitstop on my old and new systems to show difference in performance.

Old system:

xepnut.png

New system:

ra7psl.png

Essentially upgrading 6 year old system. If I get about $150 for old one, that's only $150 to upgrade all my specs. Not bad.

Worse part of system so far are the physical compnents. Power button is SUPER bright and flashes when in "sleep" mode, which is ironic, because there's no way you can sleep with that light flashing. My computer doubles as a lighthouse for ships passing by, so that's nice.......

And the USB, headphone, and power buttons are on the TOP of the unit, instead of the front. Awkward. I use top of unit for either resting something on it or sometimes for my feet. Been doing that for years. Strange setup.

Hey, I know they are silly complaints, but they are important. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy all around.

Grats on the new computer.

Well appreciate help guys. I bought this Acer and so far, so good. Not sure if its as fast as I thought it would be, but maybe my expectations were too high. Could be my DSL and/or firefox which is lagging my surfing speed.

You can't expect the internet to be any faster on your new machine as it was on your old.

Worse part of system so far are the physical compnents. Power button is SUPER bright and flashes when in "sleep" mode, which is ironic, because there's no way you can sleep with that light flashing. My computer doubles as a lighthouse for ships passing by, so that's nice.......

Put a bit of electrical tape over the LED. That's what I do.

And the USB, headphone, and power buttons are on the TOP of the unit, instead of the front. Awkward. I use top of unit for either resting something on it or sometimes for my feet. Been doing that for years. Strange setup.

That's fairly common these days, supposed to make it easier to access those ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom