few quick questions, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonidas

Daemon Poster
i just bought an AMD XP 2400+ mobile processor, i plan on upgrading and need to know the single best and cheapest model of heatsink/fan, ive seen these large round ones for about 50 dollars, which can in most cases accept 2 fans and appear to offer best performance? is there some trick or tip that can get me a nice heatsink/fan without spending 50? id like to spend around 20 dollars if at all possible... thanks in advance...

...also, im planning on cutting holes in a clear side panel on my case and adding a few 120mm fans, is this going to help with cooling much? or should i go for a front-->back sorta setup? and can i cut a hole in the side with the motherboard mounted and put some fans behind to help with hot temps?

last, these fan controllers that fit into the front of your pc in a regular bay, do they allow me to connect more fans? or do i need to buy more power connectors..

any suggestions that may help even if not directly addressed in my questions are extremely welcome, any crazy ideas at all.

Thanks alot in advance all

SLK-900A for your heatsink will serve your purposes. I have it and it works great. I have an 80mm Tornado on top of it and I have a fan controller. Add as many fans as you want where you want, I have a duct style blower fan behind the motherboard and cut out the motherboard back plating with a jigsaw, but I didn't cut out any screw holes of course.

last, these fan controllers that fit into the front of your pc in a regular bay, do they allow me to connect more fans?
Well ummm how many fans do you expect them to connect? You arent going to buy a fan controller just for one fan. That'd be ridiculous. It depends on what fan controller you get that determines whether the fans hook by 4pin molex connector or by a 3pin connector. My sunbeam rheobus controller gets power from a 4pin but gives power to the fans with a 3pin so I had to get some 3pin to 4pin adapters and such like that. And yeah adding fans and cutting holes of course helps cooling. I still need to get pics up of my case and people will understand the ghetto'ness in which you can achieve with fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom