Building My Custom Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlatour88

Baseband Member
Hey guys, iv been wanting to build a custom gaming rig for a while now. anyway take a look at the specs that iv picked for my rig and let me know what you think. suggestions, tips, warnings, so on are all welcome. thx

Case:
Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower Gaming Case with 4 Hot Swappable HDD Cage & (4) 230MM Fans

Noise Reduction Technology:
Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels
Power Supply Gasket
Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts

CPU:
Intel® Core™ i7-950 3.06 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366

Cooling Fan:
CyberPower Xtreme Hydro Liquid Cooling Kit 360MM w/ Triple Fan(CPU & GPU Liquid Cool Capable, Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Silent at 18dBA)

Motherboard:
Asus Rampage III Extreme Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX LGA1366 ATX Mainboard - Overclockable w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, IEEE1394a, USB3.0, Bluetooth, SATA-III, RAID, 4 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1, & 1 PCI

Memory:
6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1800MHz Kingston Hyper-X Triple Channel Memory Module

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card

Power Supply Upgrade:
1,000 Watts - CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gaming Power Supply

Hard Drive:
600GB Gaming Western Digital VelociRaptor 10,000RPM SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache WD6000HLHX

Optical Drive:
Sony 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive

Sound:
HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

LCD Monitor:
24" Widescreen 1920x1080 Sceptre X246W-1080P LCD (Black Color) w/ Built-in Speaker, DVI & Input

Keyboard:
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard w/ LCD Display

Mouse:
CoolerMaster Storm Sentinel Advance 5600 DPI OLED Gaming Mouse

Extra Thermal Display:
NZXT Sentry LX Aluminum High Performance Fan Control, Clock, & Temperature Display

Operating System:
Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional (64-bit Edition)

Ultra Care Option:
Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit
CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation

Service:
STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Where are you getting this? Cyberpower?

Ditch the 950, and go 930, they basically oc the same amount.
Ditch the 470 and go with a 460 1Gig. The 470 is abit better than the 460, but uses a whole lot more power, as it is a gf100 card, and 460s are gf104s, which are more efficient.

Thats my take, and welcome to TF.

Where are you getting this? Cyberpower?

Ditch the 950, and go 930, they basically oc the same amount.
Ditch the 470 and go with a 460 1Gig. The 470 is abit better than the 460, but uses a whole lot more power, as it is a gf100 card, and 460s are gf104s, which are more efficient.

Thats my take, and welcome to TF.

cyberpower, yes.
the price diff for the 950 and the 930 is only $20 bucks that why i took the higher ghz,
as for the 470 il deff consider it.. power isnt much of a concern since i have a 1000watt power supply. but thx for the suggestions...

Its more heat and power bills of the 470... Don't get it wrong, the 470 is a great card... but if you're noit too loaded, the 460 is slightly less performance, but kills in heat and power sucking at the wall.

For 20 bucks, okay... then its a good choice.

Btw heres a Hardware canucks reviews on the 460 and 470 plus compition
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB & GTX 460 768MB Review - Page 7

ok kool thx.. i am considering wat ur saying but i cant resist the $20 upgrade. but i may switch to the 460 due to the power consumption. the 460 that i see on here is the 2gb version. which works just as good. thx patonb.

I know many will probably disagree with me here, but the power difference will be be like $30 a year difference or something. Is it really worth bothering that much over ? You probably loose that much in dropped pocket change each year.

Thats unless i'm way out and its more like 150dollars a year.

Oh and this is just me, a small personal preference. I don't really do much DVD burning and if i do it's in no rush, so i get a much slower DVD drive. They're quieter and vibrate less, the noise and vibrations are something that annoys me on fast ones.

I know many will probably disagree with me here, but the power difference will be be like $30 a year difference or something. Is it really worth bothering that much over ? You probably loose that much in dropped pocket change each year.

Thats unless i'm way out and its more like 150dollars a year.

Oh and this is just me, a small personal preference. I don't really do much DVD burning and if i do it's in no rush, so i get a much slower DVD drive. They're quieter and vibrate less, the noise and vibrations are something that annoys me on fast ones.

ya your prob right about the price a year. there's only a 100watt diff between the 2 cards. and your right i dont need that much speed on a dvd drive. i dont burn much at all. i just use it to play games.. thx

Remember that the 100W is also heat added to the system... If you need a cool system, it'll be hard to remove.

Also 100W is a huge difference in consumption.

If you want a beast get the 470, if youre looking for a great setup, the 460 is the better dollar value.

I thnk, 24x is your average odd.... So getting a slower one isn't much of an option. Infact newegg sells only 22x or 24x so really its the same.

Yeh its hard to get hold of slower ones. But imo worth it if you can find one.

Bah, heat. I couldn't care less. If its 100c and runs fine, thats good with me.

ya im same... besides i get free electricity where im renting so im golden haha... i just have to wait till i get the funds to start building... first purchase tho will be a computer desk..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom