New RMA mobo same **** checksum error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I had rma'd my mothers mobo 2 weeks I got it back last week, it was working great until her pc crashed.
I rebooted the ****ing machine again and there is that 3 beeps 1 long beep code agai....
MSI said try a new PSU, tha fixed it for about 4 days then it crashed again same beeping now it is my asus ati radeon card.
I take it out and start the machine without any ram, that stopped te beeping and I was able to get into bios, it works again for a day crashes and starts that blaseted **** beep noises, again!!

Every time I get the error cmos says it's a checksum error and to fix it how can I ?
Could this be a problem with my mothers ddr2 667 ram ? I need a clear answer to know what the **** is going on....
My budget for september is very tight and I can't afford to be buying new ram and a mobo this month, as I am trying to ready myself for my certification, if anybody knows what going please help me out.

My mom's new mob:
MSI K9N6PGM2-v2

I am out of town on a trip and my buddies at my church said 3 beeps 1 long beeps has to do with ram itself.
I am buying some new ram and plan rma that crucial ram and replacing the cmos battery.

Just a update I bought 1gb of PNY DDR2 800mhz, I installed just now and everything is finally back to normal.
****, even my old asus ati 4350 was recognized without a hitch, I noticed the computer takes 10 seconds to post up correctly and light up the keyboard saying everything is initializng properly.

Just one final question before I leave to finish up any repairs on mothers pc, that crucial ram I bought at newegg.com in november it said there was a limited lifetime warranty, can I call renditioned directly and have them replace the memory that should not have failed in less than a year ?

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom