Socket 370 upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steves85

Baseband Member
I have an old pc from like 2000 that im looking to tinker with and use for learning. It has a 370 socket, so basically a pentium III im lead to believe. What is the limit on a new cpu i could put in this? ( Havent checked what mobo it is)

EDIT: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=&product=60488#N975
This is the actual computer and specs.

Whats a low end mobo and cpu i could start with to build a solid system for testing, and using virtual box?

WOW, what memories. I'd have to research what could actually go into that. 533mhz----I remember when that was blazing fast. AND a 56k modem--those were the days.

Haha yeah lots of memories during my err... teenage years with that 56k lol
Anyhow i doubt its worth upgrading it right? it has windows 95 on it and its a slow POS.
Looking for a cheap mobo and cpu to start with, i aim to try and set it up as server or make my main beast computer the server and connect them up.

I have a 733MHz (something like that) P3 in my firewall, it's a beast. You will have absolutely no luck trying to upgrade hardware this old.
P1200045.jpg

That card at the bottom of that computer with the hard drive sitting on it interests me greatly Kmote.... You should take it out and get all kinda pictures for meh. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom