Problems with a 9600xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlfox

Solid State Member
Hey all, I just recently bought a 9600xt and am rather disappointed with my lackluster fps in counter-strike: source. I posted on the steam forums about the problem, and had an overwhelming response that my amd 2200+ 1.8 gHz processor was probably bottlenecking my system performance, and not utilizing the power of my video card. Does this seem accurate to you guys? Thanks for your help.

not at all to me.. i have a 1.4 ghz amd athlon xp and a radeon 9600 xt 256 mb's card and it runs just fine with no lag.. ill try to figure ou the problem... post ur full system specs.

Well, i'm on a public computer so i can't get my aida log, but here it is:

Soyo kt600 socket A Dragon v2.0 plus
ati radeon 9600xt 128mb ddr
AMD 2200+ Thoroughbred @ 1.8 ghz
512 v-data pc2700 ddr
Western Digital 60gb HD @ 7200 rpm

I'm having problems with my mobo, and it could be causing me the problem. I may order an abit or an asus here pretty soon.

Have you tried using 3DMark05 or 03 to benchmark your system? If you get a lower than typical score than you would knot that its your video card. I have heard that other people are not pleased with 9600xt. Maybe you could exchange it for a 9800pro or x700 or something else.

OKay, but since this is still testing graphics processing on your computer, a slow processor that is bottlenecking gpu performance will influence my results still, correct?

ah, so it runs a test that somehow bypasses the cpu and goes to the video card? I was told everything processed by a vpu has to first be processed by your cpu. that's not true?

It tests your frame rates, which are based on your video card. A faster video card will indrease your score, but it will not affect it as much as a better video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom