want to overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish I knew the answer bud have you tried lowering the v core a tad and continuing up in core clock?? forgive my lack of exact terms i havent bios oc'd yet as you know

I know bro and I really appreciate u atleast humering me even though u don't know. Wish Rich would help me out here he seemed to know what he was talking about.
Believe me I'm just a tad stressed bcuz I'm asking at 3 different places and no one is answering this problem. I will not believe my CPU will go over what I set in BIOS so I'm thinking the program is wrong until someone tells me otherwise

Well sadly for reasons unknown rich has been banned.

Atleast you got the overclock started. Now I think all you can do is deal with this clock for now and do research and eventually you'll find the way. That and experimenting

What? Rich was banned? Wow I didn't know that. Man the only guy for AMD overclock support, guess im going to need to get super good at this and in a timely manner to help future AMD overclockers. BTW, hurry up and get that new Mobo lol

There should be an option called Load Line Calibration or VDroop (or something similar). This setting will either attempt to keep the voltage at a constant level or it will allow the voltage to fluctuate when the cpu needs more or less power. I recommend leaving it as you have it now, fluctuating.

Keeping the voltage constant subjects the cpu to more volts than it needs most of the time, which in turn makes it run hotter than it should at an idle or light load.

Don't max out your VCore, that's just a bad idea.

Not all cpu's overclock equally and some motherboards are better for overclocking than others. It sounds like your attempting to overclock your cpu beyond it's capabilities or beyond the capabilitiy of your present motherboard, or a combination of both.

Thanks Slaymate,

Don't all people run into problems with OCing where they need to up Vcore or any other Voltage? Ram ratios need to be changed and such? My OC went extremely well then hit a wall and usually U can work through it with a little play, atleast thats what I have been told. I can't believe that my first wall means im done with OC'ing, it doesn't seem right.

I did more research on my Mobo and lots of people have there CPU OC'ed to 4ghz, but lower Vcore than mine. Also many people say its a good OC'ing board. Many have got my exact core to 3.6-3.7 and that was what I was shooting for.

I remember you were gonna be happy with a 3.2 when you started this crusade!

I hate to say it but the motherboard might be much more capable but, your cpu might be spent like slaymate said.
It's just a bad case of this exact one cpu can't reach what you want.

I'm not at your PC so I don't know exactly what's happening, your cpu may very well overclock more than you have it now. But at the same time you still have to realize that every PC is different. You could have the exact same parts that I do and it doesn't mean that we will end up with the exact same speeds, thou they may be similar.

You need to find out exactly what each voltage settings is. We don't know what settings you have available and we don't know what values you can change each of them to. You'll have to tell us all of this as right now I'm clueless.

Abstract LOL, I would not a be a fool and limit myself like that lol. Go big or go home son LMAO

Slaymate, first let me just show u 2 runs i just did.
FSB-260
CPU-3510
CPU NB Ratiox8=2080
Ram Ratio 1:1.66=865
HT Link Speedx8=2080
Vcore=1.422
Dram V=2v
Passed 50 Min LinX test (Max Ram)

FSB-260
CPU-3510
CPU NB Ratio x 10=2600
Ram Ratio 1:1.66=865
HT Link Speedx8=2080
Vcore=1.4V
Dram=1.95V
Passed 50 Min LinX test (Max Ram)

I thought it was weird that both passed with completely different settings. Any thoughts? And My Temp regardless of Voltage seems to not get any higher than 46c, that is no difference between stock voltage and 1.422V it always gets to 46c and no higher or lower with lower Voltage.

Now to answer your question. Here are my stock settings.
CPU Voltage stock 1.352, passed 1.393 it turns red as a suggestion to not go but max spec says 1.425.
CPU NB Voltage stock= 1.220
NB Voltage stock=1.1750
Dram Voltage stock 1.8

Board says can O.C. Ram to 1066 but my ram is crap and probably can't get there.
Max CPU NB ratio 2600Mhz

anything else let me know. Thanks

NEW UPDATE.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I was able to power through this OC and it is now stable at the 3.5Ghz that I was having problems with. I am staying here until i get my new RAM then I will try for more. I believe it was my RAM or the memory controller and the ram not working so well together. If this thing is not stable after the 15 hour test I ran I don't think I can do any better lol. I was able to lower my Vcore down to just above stock and raise my CPU NB freq to 2600 and that seemed to work. I'm happy and want to thank you all again for the help.
The test I ran was in OCCT and since the temp sensor is still off I was at top reading 27c. Even if I add 20 degrees c to that im still very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom