Which of these 250 gts GPU's is better and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Ok, I am beginning a build on a brand new 1050T AMD hex core. I have a bunch of new in the box GPU's sitting around. Which of these two is the best choice and why?

EVGA 512-P3-1140-TR GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

You can find the specs for it here: Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-1140-TR GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Palit NE3TS25EFHD02 GeForce GTS 250 E-Green 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

You can find the specs for it here: Newegg.com - Palit NE3TS25EFHD02 GeForce GTS 250 E-Green 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

I need help in making the best choice. Yes, I know, a 5970 or 5870 or HD 495 would work better, but I do not have that kind of cash to throw into this new build.

Got the 250gts's for dirt cheap and I need to use one of them.

I would appreciate any info or suggestions please.

Thanks,

Soar

PS What the heck is this "E-Green" label anyway? I've never heard of it before. Is it suppose to be some kind of special low energy use card or what?

The palit has half a gig of memory more and has a higher core clock but a lower shader (but that doesn't really matter cuz you can over clock it yourself) but the 1gb dedicated memory is a great deal for $10 more.

The palit has half a gig of memory more and has a higher core clock but a lower shader (but that doesn't really matter cuz you can over clock it yourself) but the 1gb dedicated memory is a great deal for $10 more.

Abstract, thanks for your reply. Ok, if I have only 4gb of RAM [see my rig in my sig. please] will that be enough for running the Palit with the full 1gb of PSU mem?

Also, what specific benefits will I receive using 1gb vs. 512mb [if any]?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Soar

Your systems ram, the 4 gbs of gskill, does not have any affect on the performance of a graphics card with dedicated memory so it wont matter.

1gb will be able to render graphics quicker than a 512mb card because it has more room to prep the info and run it thus making the process quicker.

Basically you will see increased framerates in games and lowered rendering time in programs with intensive gpu rendering.
For some they don't see much of a difference with memory BUT there is one and for only $10 more WHY NOT?!?! haha

Your systems ram, the 4 gbs of gskill, does not have any affect on the performance of a graphics card with dedicated memory so it wont matter.

1gb will be able to render graphics quicker than a 512mb card because it has more room to prep the info and run it thus making the process quicker.

Basically you will see increased framerates in games and lowered rendering time in programs with intensive gpu rendering.
For some they don't see much of a difference with memory BUT there is one and for only $10 more WHY NOT?!?! haha

AH,

Ok, thanks for the info. I suppose I will hang on to the Palit 250 GTS and use it in the new build. I'll continue to wait until the higher end GPU's drop in price. Patience, patience, patience!

Have a good one!

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom