Building a performance machine for 3D applications and gaming on a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BionicPanda

Beta member
Hello, I am currently attempting to build my first performance machine for 3D applications and gaming. As a super n00b I am more than willing to take critique. My budget for this endeavor is 700-800$. I already have an ATX mid tower(Raidmax Windstorm, with 500watt PSU included), as well a H55 motherboard(micro-ATX P7H55-M Pro), and lastly an Intel i3-530 CPU. I have cannabalized my optical drive and SATA drive from my old PC. I have spent 300$ so far, my question is with what I have so far, will it get me by for the purposes I mentioned and what graphics card should I be looking into and what RAM will work best for my build?

~Thanks, BionicPanda

what kind of 3D applications are you talking about? 3ds Max? Maya? AutoCAD? or just blowing stuff up and gaming?

Using Auto Desk Maya 2011 at school as well as Unreal for our game engine. I would like to take my school work home with me and be able to work on it with relative ease i.e no major lag or crashes when doing complex tasks. This also involves gaming as well.:stare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom