New Built PC Randomly Freezes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eXiilez

Beta member
About a week ago I built my new PC and ever since then the PC would just freeze whether I were playing a game, browsing the internet or watching a movie. My system specs are as Follows.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Motherboard: EVGA X58 3 Way SLI (E760)
CPU: Intel i7 930
RAM: 4GB G-Skill Trident 2133Mhz
GPU: GeForce GTX 285
PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower 850W
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm

Nothing on my computer has been overclocked, CPU has stock cooler, nothing in the PC is overheating. I have updated the BIOS, I was previously using a GTX 260 but I switched to a 285 to see if the problem still occurred. I uninstalled graphics drivers and re-installed including using older versions. Ive pulled apart my PC and put it back together. I have used a repair disc and repaired in case files were missing.

These freezes are random. t can happen 1-3 hours or 24 hours. Any time of day. Every time my PC freezes my motherboard shows the error code number "47". Checked my Mobo handbook and doesn't really explain much.

It's probably a memory issue. You should be running 3GB (3x1GB), 6GB (3x2GB) or 12GB (3x4GB or 6x1GB) of memory as the i7 930 has a triple channel memory controller. And running your memory at 2133MHz isn't helping either. You should sell the memory you have now and buy a kit designed for your cpu, look for a 6GB (3x2GB) kit of DDR3 1600.

Would it work if I just lowered the speed of the ram? If so could someone tell me how to do so?

EDIT: I took a look in the BIOS under memory etc and it was set at auto. I changed that to run at 1600Mhz. Cpuz is showing the DRAM at 796Mhz which doubling that is practically 1600. NB frequency is at 3184Mhz, no idea what that is though. So if it still crashes, I'll look into getting new ram. And Triple Channel.

My PC has still been freezing. So I decided to format my PC for a second time and it's still doing the same thing so I can safely say its not MY OS causing this.
I was taking a look in Event Viewer and every time my computer freezes it will show a Critical error.
Event ID 41 Kernel-Power.
"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-08-29T10:38:34.738412800Z" />
<EventRecordID>1064</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>eXiilez-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I have done a RAM test for about 11 hours and it done a ton of passes and no errors what so ever were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom