Bios flash error from CD boot disk ans usb access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putt4Dough

Baseband Member
Hello,

Not sure if this is the proper zone to post this. Moderators please feel free to redirect if needed.

I need to flash the Bios in a client PC. The issue is that I don't have a floppy drive in this PC and the bios update is 4Mb. I created a cd boot disk, ran the bios backup BUT when I try to install the update from a USB key I get the following error:

Reading file....Done
Reading flash....
ERROR: Out of memory

I guess the cd boot disk does not allocate enough RAM to perform this task. Or it might be another issue altogether.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TY
Mike

Hello again. I found what was wrong. Actually there was on thing wrong and one that I was doing wrong.

As a reference:

1- Here is a note from the manufacture that I overlooked :

*Please set service mode Jumper to 2-3 during Bios update and unplug Memory from DIMM Slot A1, remember to set back the service mode Jumper to 1-2 after Bios update and plug Memory Back to DIMM Slot A1 or you will receive an error message.

2- And then my cd boot disk had a bad driver on it preventing me to do the flash.

Bios now updated. Hope this will help somebody out there someday.

Mike

Well I work alone and often look for solutions on the net. I find it frustrating when I read dozens of abandoned posts with no solutions made available for others. I find forums very helpful and for me to post the solution is my way of giving back to others.

Everybody makes errors. Admitting them is just part of growing up. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom