The Reconstruction of Sable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Xigmatek, and Enzotech they look sweet but keeping the old cooler is a good idea, plus as you stated it frees up money for a new case.

I don't see how they're the same size somehow i fit the 92 in my case with room to spare and obviously i don't have a great size case lol.

I would stick with the zalman as well.

Well, crap. Got to looking this morning and the Zalman is not compatible with AM3 (or AM2 or AM2+). Mine is an older model and will work for s939, s757, socket A, LGA775, but nothing newer. For now I am going to stick with the stock cooler.

I tried looking at cases, but what I want is more than I can afford to buy. :D I found a couple that are nice and aren't too high; Antec Three Hundred and Cooler Master Centurion 534.

I also am looking at just getting a front 3.5" panel that has USB and headphone jacks (if I stay with my current case).

IT LIVES!!!

0826001114.jpg

Installing Win7 right now. ;)

Awesome, hope you remembered to switch to ahci!

Actually, no. But I found how to do it after Windows is installed... just have to do it.
EDIT - it was already enabled. ;)

I have also discovered that the stock cooler is going to drive me nuts. It has a hum/buzz to it that really gets on my nerves. I will be giving NewEgg a call tomorrow to return one cooler, and then will be ordering two (one for me, on for my wife).

First post from the new Sable FTW! I rarred my Firefox profile and just dropped it into the new installation of 3.6.8 so it's like I never lost anything as far as my browser goes. I still have a couple of days worth of app installs ahead, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom