hay peoples im newb

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerkris14

Beta member
hay guys how are you all im new to the forums and i have a fiew questions.

im pursuing a career in network securities ... AKA hacking to prevent hackers

i need to know if any one here can tell me a fiew programs in witch to familiarize my self with so i can get the edge...

if you know some programs please post them if you know of some tutorial websites for this line of work please post them.

if you are in that line of work any good to know tips would be nice.

i have grown up on a computer since i was 6 i was building computers and working on win 95 i grew up a little then my mothers buizness changed to a 98 based buizness . then a long time later we made a huge jump to xp and im still using xp home sp3

im not new to computing but im new to the precifics...

i took graphic design, 3d design and animation,computer repair and network setups, and web d3sign in high school. im on a computer at least 5 hours a day

i will be cheking in now and again for news and browzing the forums for new programs and info..

thanks for accepting me into your social network of types i look forword to talking with all of you

killerkris14 out

In order to work in network sec operations you will need a degree and certifications. Nothing per se will give you the edge, the cracker community is varied and some are truly "elite" to use their word for it.

As far as degree, you should be thinking atleast a B.S. and for certs start with SCNA, SCNP, etc leading up to the CISSP. Most certs require verifiable experience. Theres another called CEH, but for the most part nobody cares about it and the skill it takes to pass it is just above script kiddie. It helps to land a job, don't get me wrong I have it, but in the Net Sec community it isnt higher regarded

Two other things, learn *nix(command line) and learn to program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom