want to overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
update:

With new Mobo in I brought my OC back to 3.2 as it was before the change. Changed Core temp with offset to 35c @ idle

Next step:
FSB-245
CPU-3307
CPU NB Ratio x8=1960
Ram Ratio 1:1.66=815
HT Link Speed x8=1960
LinX Test 25m-PASSED
CoreTemp 35c Idle, 44c Load

ok here is where I am. Before problems
FSB-260
CPU-3510
CPU NB Ratio x8=2080
RAM Ratio 1:1.66=865 down to 1:1.33
HT Link Speed x8=2080
I had to lower my Ram freq because I was getting Errors on the LinX test and upping my ram voltage was not working. Probubly can't OC this crappy RAM so I will try and keep it just over 800.

When I tried to go one step forward
I started to get blue screens so I upped my Vcore. original was at 1.352 I tried 1.402 in BIOS but CPUZ showed it at 1.384 to 1.392 fluctuating. I have power options set to performance and amd cool n quiet disabled. What could possibly be the problem?
So I put my settings back to last stable and thats where I am. I could use some help. Thanks

What temp is coretemp reading? and did you give it a long time to idle before you set that offset? you really want the lowest temp possible to be the pretend 35c because we're assuming your lows are atleast 35c. Get what I'm saying?

You might have hit your temp mark. check the base of the heatsink with your hand just in case.

i let my comp idle for atleast 1/2 hour before i set the 35c and when I load its reading 45c max. Since I didn't up my Vcore until the very end I doubt it has to do with heat. Plus the exhaust air from my comp is cool.

I believe my error code ended with 124 0x000000124 or something like that. When I looked it up it had something to do with memory but my memory was underclocked, so im confused

I knew I saw this code somewhere.
I'm quoting The OCing God himself on this one.

"And (the Lord said) increase the QPI/DRAM Core Voltage with this error code (***STOP: 0x00000124 )"

haha I crack myself up.

So yeah you did the opposite.
The memory needed more juice.

LMAO that was good Abstract but you are going to ****, and i guess so am I for laughing lol

well the memory would have needed more juice until i underclocked it to 695. Now im just confused bcuz im getting an error when I go higher CPU but when I up my Vcore in BIOS the number in CPUZ is not matching that number and it is fluctuating. This is not right.

So I ran a LinX test at 50min just to see if I was really stable, and it failed at min 46. It originally passed at 25min test. LinX does not show what the error was, how can I find this out?

These are my settings.
FSB-260
CPU-3510
CPU NB Ratio x8=2080
RAM Ratio 1:1.33= 695
HT Link Speed x8=2080
Temp idle=35c
temp load= 45c
Voltage all stock
What is going on here? I could use some help im at a loss.
Thanks

I'm not really up on AMD overclocking, it's been at least 5 years since I've messed around with one.

BSOD error code ***STOP: 0x00000124 is usually a problem with the memory controller, not the memory itself. As you increase the cpu speed it allows more memory data to flow through the system bus. The memory data isn't going any faster than the speed it's set to, say DDR2 800, it more like a highway that's expanding from a 2-lane to a 4-lane. To fix this problem you need to increase the volts to the Integrated Memory Controller, I'm not positive but I think it's called the CPU-NB Voltage on your motherboard.

How many memory slots are you using? When your using 2 or more slots per memory channel ( like 4x1GB compared to 2x1GB) your making the memory controller work twice as hard. A lot of cpu's can't handle this much stress when overclocking so you may have to reduce the memory speed from "for example" 800MHz down to 667MHz.

I am using 2 slots and I already lowered my Memory down from 865 OC 1 step to 695. I can try and up the Voltage, I did up the Ram Voltage and that didn't work from 1.8v to 1.95 but I could try the CPU-NB and see if that works. Thanks for the tips

edit: Didn't work. I upped my CPU-NB Voltage to 1.130 and it didn't work. So I went all the way back 2 steps to atleast get a stable LinX run at 50min.

Still Need help

ok someone just answer me this question then. I was told to up my Vcore all the way and lower my Ram. I had half right with the ram lowered but I did not up my Vcore enough. What im running into is in BIOS my Vcore is set to 1.422 but in cpuz it fluctuates from 1.408-1.440 why is this and im worried bcuz the highest my CPU should go is 1.425
Need this question answered please. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom