Will this ram work for my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemperz

Solid State Member
Hi there, I pulled out of my old computer a stick of ram, it says on it 512mb 32x8 DDR333 on it, its a samsung k4h560838D-tcb3. I have four RAM slots on the computer I'm using now, all 4 are black, right now in my computer I have

Field Value
DIMM1: Hyundai HYMD232 646B8R-H 256 MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz) (2.0-2-2-5 @ 100 MHz)

Field Value
DIMM2 256 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM (2.5-4-4-8 @ 166 MHz) (2.0-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz)

Will this work in my computer, i don't know much about ram, thanks!

Yes, I do indeed need a new computer, but this is a hand me down I got and it's the best I can do, I'm a student with a non exsistant budget, so do I just plug this RAM into one of the empty slots and it will work, or do I have to take out one of the old ones, and does it just plug and play, or do I have to install it somehow?

I can understand being a student myself so no worries. ;) My pc now started as a hand-me-down.

As far as installing ram it's sweet simple and to the point install it into one of the open slots. Make sure the locking arms are open and press the ram into the slot until the 2 arms click into the locked position. Your pc should recognize it upon start up and you should see just below 1gb of ram in your My Computer Properties section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom