Which one of these would you guys recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
The ASUS Bamboo Laptop
$1,000 with instant $150 amazon gift card rebate
best cpu, worst gpu, usb 3.0

Amazon.com: Acer Aspire TimelineX AS4820TG-5637 14-Inch HD Laptop - Black Brushed Aluminum: Electronics
$807
best gpu, 2nd best cpu, cheapest

Micro Center - Apple MacBook Pro MC374LL/A Laptop Computer - Silver MC374LL/A
$1073
worst cpu, 2nd best gpu, best looking, most expensive.

I am leaning towards the acer.
I am getting rid of my desktop in favor of the laptop.

or maybe I should be waiting for the nvidia fermi gpu?

What are you gonna be using it for?

Out of any of them though, I'd go for the Acer.

I would go for the Acer as well. But, wouldn't you want at least an i5? This will be replacing your desktop. Any reason for Amazon? Anything on NewEgg to your liking?

I'm going to say the acer.

My desktop is going to be replaced by a laptop too in a week and a half but why get rid of the desktop? Especially that desktop?

What are you gonna be using it for?

Out of any of them though, I'd go for the Acer.

everything. lol
light gaming and everyday stuff
I tried out fallout 3, batman; asylum and race driver grid on this laptop I bought for my father's birthday, (sony cw17fx, T6600 and geforce 210m)
and it's playable with low settings.
something like the Gt 335m would be better, like the alienware m11x, but screen is too small :(

I would go for the Acer as well. But, wouldn't you want at least an i5? This will be replacing your desktop. Any reason for Amazon? Anything on NewEgg to your liking?

I don't think the cpu would make that much of an importance, anything core 2 duo and above is fine for me.
I did like this one, Newegg.com - ASUS K42 Series K42JV-X1 NoteBook Intel Core i5 450M(2.40GHz) 14" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 500GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M
but did not pick it because of subpar battery life.
I'm going to say the acer.

My desktop is going to be replaced by a laptop too in a week and a half but why get rid of the desktop? Especially that desktop?
I can't multi task as well as some people. so only 1 computer for me :p

pfffffffttttt..... I am against folding.
cancer or alzheimer's only effects a few.
where as the extra energy used for folding accelerates global warming rate.
now global warming affects all.
so I am against folding.

PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTERS WHEN IT'S NOT IN USE! (1-3 watts compared to over 100 watts for folding)
or at least put it into standby (~20 watts compared to over 100 watts for folding)

Heh, I don't fold anymore, either, so chill. I can tell you of all my friends who had Cancer. But aside from that, depending on how CPU intensive your games are, more CPU power is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom