Computer Having problems with GC or Mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoTechen

Solid State Member
Hmm where to start... Well my computer decided one day when I was initializing watching my anime Hetalia that both monitors decided to cut out yet the computer was still running. I turned it back on it worked like normal but after trying to initialize my anime Hetalia again both monitors died again... After the 3rd time turning it on nothing happened at all. The computer turned on LED for power is fully bright on and the CPU LED light blinks once (which is not normal). It won't even show the pre-load of the bios on my monitor just a blank black screen. The fans keep going and going at maximum speed but never do what they usually do and slow down after about 4-5 secs after startup.

Everything seems to be powered like always so I don't think it could be the PSU. The two primary components I believe are the problem makers are the graphics card or the motherboard. Now I disconnected everything not necessary like extra HD's,external HD's, Soundcard, All USB connections, etc and still it doesn't work. I run both my 19" monitors duel on the Nvidia 8800 GT which is suspect #1 because my monitors are connected to it. For my motherboard I think it could be a problem also because it won't load anything usually when I turn on the computer both monitors lights go blue and then I see the Gigabyte pre-load screen but now none of this happens and usually the harddrive goes and makes noise and the cpu light is going crazy.

I've never encountered such a problem before. I know both my monitors work flawlessly because I tested them both out on my laptop (which im currently using) I've had this computer for 2 1/2 years now and have had extremely minimal problems with this rig I built. I'm seeking out any wisdom anyone else has that I can't think of or know. Thanks for your time and help.

Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L

Memory:
4 GB Patriot RAM

Hard Drive:
3.0 TB

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Monitor:
Duel Widescreen 19" Dell

Sound Card:
X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series

Operating System:
Windows 7

PSU:
ThermalTake tough power 700 watt

could your psu be underpowered for the system? i would also check to make sure the vga driver you have is the latest and greatest. maybe even see if the problem exists with only one monitor attached as well

My PSU is definitely not underpowered at max load this rig only consumes about 500 watts max so thats not a problem. As for the VGA driver I can't even get to the main OS to install the latest drivers not to mention both monitors have DVI connecters not VGA. I've tried with one monitor and still the same thing.

anyone else?

ive tested everything in my rig down to the bare essentials 2 times and still... i cant figure out which component is faulty! -flails- I've never had such a problem with any PC and I've had a job fixing and repairing pc's x.x

monitors work perfectly. The problem is nothing will display on my monitor at all when I turn on my computer. The fans go and the hard drive goes but nothing on the monitor at all. I do not have access to another video card at all nor have anyone who has one. I've even checked the CPU just for the heck of it and seems fine also (reason I checked is the cpu LED turns on and then goes completely inactive plus re-applied thermal paste). Everything is pointing to my GPU so I checked it out I unscrewed it and inspected if anything is physically wrong with it and I came up with nope seems fine to the human eye. @_@ I've not in my entire life encountered such a problem I couldn't figure out.

I've checked over everything twice and went through the tedious process of stripping it down to the bare essentials still nothing. I've spent 3 days researching gaining knowledge for myself and from others and the more I do the more im tempted to say heck with it build a brand new rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom