Ethernet Driver problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSFord

Baseband Member
Ok, so im new here, havent given myself proper introduction but oh well.

Yesterday i Just got my dads laptop from the shop, the display wouldnt come on. turns out it was bad RAM. if id of know this i couldve fixed it myself. but anyways, when we get it home and fire it up a message comes up saying that driver software for the ethernet controller needs to be installed. so the first thing i do after finding that the wizard thats supposed to install it dosent, i go to the add/remove programs interface and find the driver. it reads "realtek 8169 8168 8101E 8102E ethernet driver". I clicked change and repair, when its done i restart the computer and it works fine, then about 10 mins later my internet goes down again and i get the same message. then i decided to go to the computer companies website (acer) and download the driver to there. i go there download it, stick it on a disk and install it on my dads computer, and nothing.
I messed with this for aout 4 hours installing uninstalling, repairing etc. etc. its getting extremely frustrating and all the shop i got it back from will say is "they didnt mess with anything but the RAM but they would be happy to take a look at it for me" problem is, i dont have any money to pay them to take a look at it.

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5515.

if anyone has any ideas that would be great!

Thanks,

Joe

Try going into safe mode, and uninstall the drivers. Restart, if Windows does not find the driver by default, install them.

Thanks, Ill have a go at that when I get home from work, and Ill report back to you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom