Gaming build with $1500 budget please Help with suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor660r

Beta member
Hi all I am building a gaming PC with a budget of $1500 not including the monitor and keyboard that stuff I already have. Anyways I would like something that is crossfire ready and as high end as I can get for $1500 bucks as well as something I can upgrade the next few years as needed. Thank you in advance on any advice that is given. Also I am fairly familiar with building PC's but not an expert

Woops I forgot to add a dvd drive, he can easily find one of them, The OP hasn't replied in a while though. Up to him which he chooses although I think my build is the best :p

My build cost around $1400 and works very well, with a cooler it is closer to 1500 (which I added after I built mine).

-Intel Core i7 930

-Gigabyte X58A-UD3R LGA1366 Motherboard

-OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Diamond RadeonHD 5870, Reference design

-WD Caviar Black 640GB 64MB Cache SATA3 HDD

-Antec Nine Hundred Mid-Tower Case

-Antec EA650 650W Power Supply (you can choose a higher one, I got a good deal on mine and that's why I got it)

-LG DVD Burner with Lightscribe, SATA

-Corsair H50 CPU cooler with 2 Rosewill White LED fans

I would go with this build over the AMD build above, the i7 outperforms the AMD X6 chips in most gaming related tasks where 6 cores isn't really necessary. The i7 also supports triple-channel DDR3 RAM and overclocks pretty well. With a good cooler you'll hit 4GHz almost guaranteed. I picked the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R after comparing many different boards. It has more USB and SATA ports than any of the competing boards I found, has 2 eSATA ports on the back panel, has a durable design, and overclocks well. It also supports IDE and Floppy drives if you need them while still staying on top with USB3.0 and SATA3.0 (6gb/s) support. It is also very reasonably priced at $209. The above recommendation for the ASUS Rampage III Extreme (nearly $400!) doesn't seem that good, the Rampage has 1 extra USB port on the back in exchange for coaxial audio, PS/2 mouse, 1 FireWire, and 1 eSATA. It also lacks IDE and FDD support and doesn't have very many SATA ports. It is mainly sold as an overclocking board but you can max out the i7 on the X58A-UD3R in almost every case short of liquid nitrogen cooling. The only advantage of the Rampage is that it has 4 PCIe x16 ports lined up for dual-slot coolers to make quad SLI or CrossFireX possible (still depending on GPU support).

Yeah I don`t recommend that Rampage board anymore just for the fact that they disabled the deal they had on it. I do agree with Calc though about that Gigabyte board being a good deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom