Computer build less than 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ28-2k6

Baseband Member
Okay I am looking to build myself a new computer. What I mainly will be using this for is gaming, and FFXIV. In the 1500 I would like a monitor, and do not need a keyboard or a mouse. This is the build I was looking at, but have come to realize it may not be the best. Anyways I want to keep the case, but everything else can go. I also want to try and keep everything the same color. Looking for a better AMD build, or a better intel build. Thanks in advance.
NZXT TEMPEST EVO Crafted Series TEVO-001BK Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Hanns·G HZ201HPB Black 20" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor

GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

HIS H585FN1GD Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card ...

LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model iHDS118-04 - OEM

Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-S-B 850W Continuous @40°C ,80 PLUS Certified, ATX12V v2.2 & EPS12V v2.91, SLI Ready CrossFire ...

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX

Kingston HyperX KHX-FAN Fans

ZALMAN 9500A-LED 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler

I'll see what I can put together for the price.

ODD: Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Writer - Bulk - LightScribe Support - CD / DVD Burners
HDD: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Monitor (this is one of the best LCDs money can buy): Newegg.com - ViewSonic X Series VX2739WM 27" 1ms HDMI Full HD 1080p Widescreen LCD Monitor w/ 4 port USB-hub300 cd/m2 DC 100,000:1(1200:1) Built-in Speakers
CPU HSF: Newegg.com - Thermaltake CL-P0456 140mm CPU Cooler
DDR3 1600 and Lian-Li Mid Tower: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
PSU and mobo: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
GPU and CPU: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Total is $1520 add $30 for fans and you're at $1550. If the $50 is too much over for you then downgrade monitor- like I said, this is one of the best LCD monitors on the market, the best on NewEgg. 1ms delay and 27" 1080p HD. It gets no better than this.
This has same BE 6 core 1090T and Radeon HD 5870 GPU as well as HDD. Hopefully this PSU should power everything up okay; correct me if i'm wrong.

This rig should be able to tackle most anything. If you really want to get fancy then add two more HDDs and run RAID 5.

What about a build with intel? Is there a better build for that amount of money that I could do with intel?

Sure you could go with Intel. You'd have to compensate by getting worse monitor to make up for the extra $100 or so for CPU and $50 or more for LGA1366 mobo but you could do it. I've read though that AMD plans to use AM3-compatible chipsets when it comes out with its new line of Bulldozer CPUs, making AMD more futureproof. Correct me if i'm wrong.

I've read though that AMD plans to use AM3-compatible chipsets when it comes out with its new line of Bulldozer CPUs, making AMD more futureproof. Correct me if i'm wrong.

That is the uncomfirmed report at least. I am patiently waiting for a hard line answer on the backwards compatibility as well.

Also OP I cant really comment on an Intel build without being biased. I can only say that money is something I dont have a ton of so I cant really afford to build Intel. I would prefer to build with better quality components with $$ I save by going AMD as my cpu. Benchmarks show Intel to have a sizeable leg up on AMD in performance but it costs more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom