Will this build work, please comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soulphire, I can't seem to find the edit button, or I would edit my last post, to add the update.

Okay I ordered my 800d case today. I was going to do it next day air, but I still would not get it until tuesday,
so I just went with the free 2 day air.

I hope my computer guy can build this baby fast!

Thanks for all the help Sean / everyone else.

I am going to have the computer built next week(prob on the 18th) , so I will order the graphic card on friday(20th).

Is the graphic card easy to crossfire/link up? (1gig from GTX280, 2gigs from the new card? = 3gigs? How do I link them together? or should I wait until I have my 2nd graphic card to have my computer built?)

yes the graphics card is easy to crossfire, just plug it into your mother board, power it up attatch the crossfire bridge and install the drivers.

Is the graphic card easy to crossfire/link up? (1gig from GTX280, 2gigs from the new card? = 3gigs? How do I link them together? or should I wait until I have my 2nd graphic card to have my computer built?)

if by "2gigs from the new card" you're referring to the 5970 then you can't, you can't mix and match gfx cards like that in an sli/xfire setup.

Well, case arrived today, via fedex.

The case is missing the sata data cable, and a broken sata power cable(crushed adapter).

I called amazon, they are going to next day me another case.

I am going to have to put the build off AGAIN.

Sean,

I booted my computer up right now, my SSD card arrived / sata OD.
I installed my SSD(I just pushed it into the socked, nothing is holding is down. It does not come with screws as it is ment for a laptop, where can I get the screws that will work?)

And presto, it is running.

Amazing boot speed from the SSD.

I have 1 problem, when I click on my computer, it only shows 1 storage drive. My SSD, then I have to right click it and check and hit properties, then it lists both of my drives. (why does it just not list them both?)
(it will not let me save anything to my HDD.)

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks.

1. For the SSD you'll need to get a bracket to make it fit a 3.5" drive bay. You can get them at almost any good pc shop, personally I didn't bother with mine as it doesn't matter if the SSD moves around while running (no moving parts)

2. Right click My Computer and select Manage. Click Disk Management, and make sure the other hard drive is initialized, formatted, and has a drive letter assigned to it.

I took out my HDD, and tried to boot my computer, it will not boot(it says I need to insert a OS, then I plug my HDD back in, it boots fine).

I think my computer saved some stuff of my HDD.

How can I wipe my HDD, and reload windows with just my SSD in?

I just tried to erase my ssd/hhd(by using the windoes disk), for some reson the windows only let me erase something off of my HDD, and now it will not let me even reformat my drives, or even reload windows.

Will have have to send back my SSD, and HDD?

update

It says Drive 0 Unallocated space, cannot load windows. (SSD)

then it says Drive 1 Unallocated space, cannot load windows. (HDD.)

I think I need to order a new HDD / SSD. (this time I will load windows, then install my HDD.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom