overclocking help request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have reduced the CPU voltage while running a 3 pass with Linx each time. When I hit 1.24 Linx stopped on the 3rd pass. I bumped up the voltage one time and ran Linx for a 20 pass. Linx stopped at pass 17 with a "not enough memory error. My temps dropped about 4'C and held steady at 64'C. I'm not sure what the memory error could possibly mean.

I have reduced the CPU voltage while running a 3 pass with Linx each time. When I hit 1.24 Linx stopped on the 3rd pass. I bumped up the voltage one time and ran Linx for a 20 pass. Linx stopped at pass 17 with a "not enough memory error. My temps dropped about 4'C and held steady at 64'C. I'm not sure what the memory error could possibly mean.

1.24 +1 notch=????

Bump it up one more time and see if the problem repeats, thou it could just be a glitch in the LinX software.

Edit:
I like looking at screenshots :thumbsup:

I have bumped up the voltage two times and a 20 pass with LINX has completed without errors.

ScreenHunter_02Aug241143.jpg

Is it safe to try to proceed with higher clock settings? The PC has been running for about 4 days and has never crashed other than under stress test conditions. Flightsim has been run for about 10 hours and I have played Crysis for about 5 or 6 hours. No problems. My fps's in FSX could go a little higher though. As I said earlier the bigger airports bring it down to a marginal fps acceptance level for me.

To go higher I would 1st try changing the CPU Ratio/Multiplier to 21. This will increase the CPU speed to 4.2GHz while leaving the Memory speed at 1600MHz. I would increase the CPU VCore back up to 1.3125 volts to start with and then work your way down again.

And remember if you BSOD with this error code (***STOP: 0x00000101 ) you need to increase the CPU VCore

And increase the QPI/DRAM Core Voltage with this error code (***STOP: 0x00000124 ), but Keep this below 1.4 volts if possible.

:pYou just had to get that in for the "100" milestone huh iPROTechman! LOL Good job though.:p

I bumped up to 4.2 (MultiplierX21) and voltage to 1.3125V. Ran a quick LINX 3 pass. Temps topped out at 71'C. Still ok as far as I know. (From what I have read 80.C is the start of some concerns) Then I dropped the voltage one(-) point and the LINX 3 pass stopped with an error after about 13+/- minutes. The PC actually crashed and I found the dump file but after some reading I still am not sure what to do with it. I'll stick on Megaupload.... MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I not up on reading dump files.

4.2GHz at 71C sounds perfect to me. I'm of the opinion that 80C is way to hot. It doesn't take long before your heatsink will have a buildup of dust bunnies that need cleaning and your temps will slowly rise and fall as you cycle thru cleaning periods. I try to keep my max temps between 70-75C which is where your at now.

Just bump your VCore back up to 1.3125 volts, if you get any random crashes you may need to raise it up another notch still which will probably put your temps right around 75C.

Yes, in fact your running almost exactly the same as I am. I'm also at 4.2GHz but I only need 1.30625 volts. I can push mine faster but it runs hotter and it will glitch occasionally. When your temps get to 75C and up it doesn't take much to cause an instability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom