My netbook keyboard is screwed after unplugging usb keyboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
I have quick question how do I resetup my netbook's original keypad functionality ?
Everytime I press the letter M I get 0 if I press P I get this ; ? /.
Stupid me should never have plugged in my usb keyboard and can't get my asus 900hd to recognize it's own keyboard.
I did this before on my mothers netbook, but it was a matter of reinstalling her keyboard drivers through xp, windows 7 pro is a different story and problem to figure out though.

Thanks in advance

Is Num Lock on? Laptops and netbooks that do not have a dedicated number pad typically have a secondary function number pad overlaying the block of keys 789, UIO, JKL, M corresponding to 789, 456, 123, 0 respectively. M maps to 0 so if Num Lock is on your M key is acting as number pad 0 and thus you simply need to turn off Num Lock to fix it. On these laptops, Num Lock is typically a Fn key function on the F key row, so find the key combination to turn it off and your keyboard should be back to normal.

Thanks calc, it worked out perfectly, listen before I go this might be going offtopic but for my asus 900hd I heard there is a battery that can last up to 8.5hours long.
I called asus about it but they said they are fresh out of them for now and would have to look elsewhere for it, would ebay or amazon be a good to choice to find this battery for under 40.00 ?
Anything above 50.00 is over kill as I am paying bills and getting ready to pay for my delayed A+ testing next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom