Looking for a new laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I need a new laptop. I don't want to go any higher than 750 before tax and shipping (newegg in cali). Needs/wants

NEEDS:
- full size keyboard (qwery + 1234567890 pad)
- media buttons that are not fn+fkey to change music or volume
- dedicated graphics card (will be replacing a 9800gt desktop)
- 320gb hdd +
- dual core cpu
- 2gb ram +, ddr2 or 3 1066 minimum
- HDMI out
- CPU comparable to athlon 2 x2 240

WANTS:
- good battery life, but if not, then w/e
- at least 4 usb ports
- 4gb of ram would be amasing
- would be cool to have a esata port
- bluray would be nice
- screensize doesn't matter. heres my dilemma. 15.6 is easier to carry, but 17 has better resolution.

And thats about it.

I have been looking at the asus k52/72 and like them alot, and would buy right now if they had media buttons... And I would perfer a solid texture touchpad, not that textured over stuff.

If possible, for a rough generalization of what im looking for:
this laptop:
Newegg.com - Gateway MT6729 NoteBook Intel Pentium dual-core T2330(1.60GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 2GB Memory DDR2 667 160GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi Intel GMA X3100

With these specs
Newegg.com - ASUS K52 Series K52DR-X1 NoteBook AMD Phenom II Triple-Core N830(2.1GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

If battery life is your forte, you are going down with that 7200rpm. It takes power to run that. That is why most notebooks have 5400rpm. It conserves power.

Might want to see how much you can save on a custom built laptop at delluniversity.com. I was able to save on my alienware from them.

Alienware is trash, other than the M11x. I never had a problem with Dell, but they are a bit overpriced. I would rather you go to IBuyPower if you want to get a custom built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom