Computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupDoGG

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, I think I finally got a pretty solid build down for a computer. I just wanna make sure that it's all compatible with everything, I'm not really sure whether or not the Motherboard and CPU are compatible or not, I thought they were, but now I'm not entirely sure so...Thanks if you can confirm that this is all compatible with each other :)!

Case: Newegg.com - NZXT M59 - 001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

HardDrive: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Green WD7500AADS 750GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive

MotherBoard: Newegg.com - ASUS M4N75TD AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

GPU: Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1158-TR GeForce GTS 250 1GB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

CD/DVD Drive: Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1678A - CD / DVD Drives

Memory & Window 7: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.4556

CPU & Power Supply: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Grand Total: $804.35 + tax ( if anyone has a formula for tax forumla if you could post it here it'd be great, thanks :) )

Anywho, so yeah, Thanks to anyone who helps, if I DO build this, I'll make sure I try to post Pictures/Videos on here!

Yes the motherboard and processor are compatible.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - M4N75TD
This is your motherboard info page on asus.com You can click the CPU Support list button and it will show you all of the CPUs that are supported.

I'd go for this graphics card instead. Newegg.com - HIS H577FK1GD Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity
Not only is it less expensive once you figure in the free shipping, but it's quite a bit more powerful, and it supports DX 11. Also, it uses less power.
The rest of your build looks pretty good, but I'm not so sure about that motherboard. If I had more time I'd dig around for another motherboard but I have to go to work.

May aswell get the phenom x6 1055t hadn't he? There isn't much of a price difference.

Well the difference in price is $35. The difference in performance is negligible unless he's doing some serious multitasking.
I'd have to say that the Phenom II x4 965 BE is a better choice here. It has an unlocked multiplier as well, which would help if he decides to seriously overclock, and he wouldn't be limited by the FSB max limitations of whatever motherboard he decides to ultimately use.

For once I agree with Sean W.
Is that including tax though? Tax is going to push it up near around $880 or $900 if it's not.

tehe :) i said for budget builds AMD is the way to go ;)

and tax and shipping depends on where he lives... if he shops around he could probably get all that for under $850 easily... IE craigslist, eby, amazon, tiger direct and the for sale section on forums...

Hey! Sorry it took so long to respond. I changed some components to other things that you guys showed me, not everything though.

Here's my new build:

CD/DVD Burner: $19.99
Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner LightScribe Support - CD / DVD Burners <--So this plays CD's and DVD's along with burning them right?

Hard Drive: $69.99
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Green WD7500AADS 750GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive

MotherBoard: $99.99
Newegg.com - MSI NF750-G55 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard <---I found a different one, but I wanna make sure this is SLI Ready, I couldn't tell exactly by what it says, on the "overview" it mentions it, but I'm still not sure. So if someone couyld clarify me on whether or not this is SLI Ready, thanks!

GPU: $104.99
Newegg.com - PNY XLR8 VCG98GTEE1XEB GeForce 9800 GT 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card <---This seemed just as good as the original one I had, and now I'm trying to lower the price on my build even more, so it seemed like it could save me $50, and preform just as functional, but I kinda suck at this stuff so I'm not really sure, so is this good or not? The most intense thing I'll be doing is probably playing StarCraft II, I don't do much other gaming and stuff...And I figured the motherboard has a onboard card, so it'd be pretty good...

PSU: $64.99
Newegg.com - APEVIA ATX-AQ700W-BK 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply <---any good? my bro told me before to get about 700Watts, so I'd rather just get around there :p

RAM: $92.99
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL <---Is this compatible with the MotherBoard I picked out? Couldn't really tell ><

CPU & Windows 7: $239.98
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Case: $49.99
Newegg.com - NZXT M59 - 001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Total including Shipping and Tax: $785.14

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to use two different PSU's...? Because this case: Newegg.com - LOGISYS Computer Area 51 CS51WBK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 480W Power Supply
is not only cheaper ( only $34.99) and better I think, but it also includes a power supply, but I need more power then that, so I was wondering if I could just use that power supply (480Watts) and get another that was 220Watts and could total it up to 700Watts for alot cheaper...I've seen 1 guide on it, but it had to do with pretty much rigging it, like cutting the wires and stuff, but I'm wondering if I can just put it somewhere else in the case and not have to rig it, just like putting two GPU's in, but putting two PSU's in instead...I kinda want the case anyway lol, so would it be possible if the above is not possible, to take the PSU that comes with it OUT and put another one IN it? I feel that the cheaper case is better then the one I have now...

Also looking at these cases to possibly to use instead of the one I listed:

1. Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Skyline ATX-948WS Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

2. Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Skyline ATX-948WS Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

3. Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Tornado ATX-238WY Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

4.Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Typhoon ATX-312WS Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

So yeah, thanks for any help that I can get, I'm really still trying to lower the price as low as I can...It'd be great if I could get the price down to the 600's

And also, is everything compatible up there? I'm not to good at figuring out whether or not things are compatible, also whether or not the motherboard is SLI Ready, I'm looking for a SLI Ready one, so if it's not I'll have to look for another one...

EDIT: By the way, I don't overclock, I don't do much demanding stuff, I mainly just go on the internet, play some games, and other misc stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom