RAM Fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
I'm trying to find the most stable settings for my overclocked computer....and it's been able to run memtest86+ everytime no problems. Now I go and run memtest and it's currently hit 60,000 errors and still climbing, hit 70,000 by the time I finished typing this sentence and this is on the first test. Is my RAM completely just fux'd up now or what. Cause it's all on stock voltages and timings and this is pretty disappointing.

EDIT: I put the ram at 3-4-4-11 Timings at stock voltage and I'm not getting 100,000 freaking errors and I swear to god that was literal, by the time I typed up the first post it was way past 100,000 errors =/ Right now it's on test #3 and no error so I'm wondering I did mess up the RAM and now it requires REALLY loose timings. ehhhh. Come on ag3 wheres your opinion.

Do u get errors when setting ur FSB and mutiplier back to stock speeds and set the latencies back to stock speeds?

I haven't tried completely setting everything back to stock, but I'm pretty sure my valueRAM just took too much =/ I was never really pushing it past the 200FSB. I think it's when I upped the Chipset voltage by the .1 that's what completely killed it. After that last edit it was running memtest and froze on test #5 and now I can't get my computer to beep or post or anything. I'm sure clearing the CMOS will get it to come back up, but I think I've basically fux'd up my memory if it freezes on memtest at timings like 3-4-4-11 =/ I do have a 512mb stick on the way but it was to acquire dual channel which it looks like I won't be able to do.

EDIT: Yeah a clearing of the CMOS allows the computer to POST again, but I know the RAM is screwed :( because memtest86+ is freezing right at the beginning and this is with CPU at 1.8GHz but not 133FSB, got it at 200x9 and the memory at stock which it DEFINITELY wouldn't error like this originally =/

Ahhh damnit there goes my damn dual channel.

Bah! Jesus freaking christ man. Now Apparently it says windows/system32/config/system is missing or corrupt and I need to do a windows Repair....freaking great. I hate that...computer restarts and then OS can't handle it. Another format here I come =/

Yeah man all the voltages were put back because I cleared the CMOS. At this point it doesn't matter if it's EXACT because it's not going to be EXACT when I go to overclock it. If it's freezing at the beginning of memtest86+ the stuff is definitely no good. I mean the RAM chip is still functional somewhat because I'm doing the damn windows repair right now, but I'm pretty sure it's fried as far as performing it's normal duties. It doesn't want anything to do with 3-3-3-8 stock timings =/

EDIT: At this point we'll see if it can even get through the windows recovery screen. Seems like the computer is puttin along so it might not want any part of that.

It got through the Recovery but then it brings me back to DOS Prompt. Asks which partition I want..I choose it...type the administrator password then it just puts me at C:\Windows and I don't know what to type to repair that stupid installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom