Reliable review sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Which one should I go for, worth the £70 difference?

As long as you look at two or three sites, you can be fairly sure you have at least a couple of unbiased opinions, and you can reach a concensus on the good and bad points of a product.

Very few review sites tend to be particularly biased. Engadget is variably pro-Apple, but as far as I've seen they're always fair in their reviews of laptops and such.

I tend to look on Amazon for reviews, they are all user reviews and generally there is enough to form a good conclusion about it

I would say $120 is more than a few dollars more :p

Well you guys use that funny money so its hard to judge what the difference really is. Get with the program and adopt the dollar--kidding

I generally don't trust user reviews for electronics, the reviews are largely made by people who don't understand tech. Doubly so for NewEgg reviews, like when people buy a new DDR3 motherboard, and only give it one egg because it obviously didn't work with their DDR RAM. And so, so many other examples :p

I generally don't trust user reviews for electronics, the reviews are largely made by people who don't understand tech. Doubly so for NewEgg reviews, like when people buy a new DDR3 motherboard, and only give it one egg because it obviously didn't work with their DDR RAM. And so, so many other examples :p

I like Amazon because you get a wide range of consumers, and generally you can tell which is knowledgeable and which are idiots--you know the type "This video card is harrible cuz my pron was choppy"

I like Amazon because you get a wide range of consumers, and generally you can tell which is knowledgeable and which are idiots--you know the type "This video card is harrible cuz my pron was choppy"

Every user review site has its idiots. Trust a professional site, not some retail online store. TomsHardware, off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom