As I feared, summer heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
The H50 is little to no maintenance required. It is a closed, sealed loop water cooler so you never have to add water or worry about leakage/evaporation. The main maintenance is the same as air coolers, you have to keep the blades on the fans clean and blow dust out of the radiator. It's also a good idea to monitor pump RPM (it uses a fan header plug so you can read the pump RPM) and make sure it's in range. I would lay my PC on its side but there isn't much room in my car for it sideways, I usually have stuff in the trunk already so it gets the back seat and it's easier to just strap it in with a seat belt.

If I recall correctly the H50 is only designed to operate for about 2 years before it needs to be replaced. It ships as a no maintenance unit, however, while very low there is a small amount of evaporation and the fact that it is a mixed metal system means that eventually even with corrosion inhibitors present, it will occur. Also, the pump takes a lot of wear as it is essentially placed on top of a space heater which reduces the lifespan of the bearing inside the motor.

I got this information from a Cooler Master product designer when we were talking about these low end all in one kits which are all made by Asetek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom