Random Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelm3103

Fully Optimized
What may cause the laptop to cut (it just cuts randomly)? When try to put it back on manually, sometimes it comes on, other times the power light just flashes orange and nothing happens. Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A215-S7444. Any other details needed, just ask lol.

I talk to him daily. His laptop is often hot, but not hot enough to void a burnout. I think he clears the vents out, not sure.

Well I blew out the vents with the canned air, had a cloud of dust :(, but it still managed to give a little problem in starting up. I used fan, like the fans that stand on the ground blowing in 1 direction to cool it down and it worked without issues. What I noticed is though, the fan on the laptop itself isn't spinning. I read it suppose to spin when temps reach very high...but even then it's not spinning :(, laptop passed its warranty...so was wondering if it would make sense opening it up...and do you think the fan is changeable? I'm not to familar with the internals of a laptop...I'm more of a PC guy lol.

Edit: This is a pic of the highest temp I ever saw...and well the lowest temp it reached also (with the big fan lol).
2dha0bc.jpg

Yeah, it is simple to fix, you just need the right dimensions to replace. Like a case fan, its just a lil wire with a plastic header connected to pins on your board.

Try checking for a BIOS update first. It may address the problem with the fan not spinning when it hits the high temps. That or check to see if there's an option in your BIOS to have it "always on" or something similar.

Try checking for a BIOS update first. It may address the problem with the fan not spinning when it hits the high temps. That or check to see if there's an option in your BIOS to have it "always on" or something similar.

I'll go check in the BIOS then and look around for the option, if not then I'll update it and see if it fixes anything. I'm just a lil paranoid in case anything goes bad or the laptop cuts in the middle of the process :(.

My girlfriend had this problem, It was also making a clicking noise which at first made me suspect the hard drive. Her parents wouldn't trust me with it (lol) so they paid somebody £50 and they re-seated the heatsink in the laptop, which fixed the problem.

Let me know how it goes.

Checked the BIOS and did not find the option, so I'll search around for an update just in case. It's running at 30s-40s on normal, and 50s-60s gaming...it seems hot but I guess it's reasonable for a laptop, I could be wrong though.

My girlfriend had this problem, It was also making a clicking noise which at first made me suspect the hard drive. Her parents wouldn't trust me with it (lol) so they paid somebody £50 and they re-seated the heatsink in the laptop, which fixed the problem.

Let me know how it goes.

I'm delaying to open it in case anything goes wrong, if I do however experience any more cuts and have not find a solution software-wise, I will open it and inform you if your solution works.

Other than that, thanks all for the suggestions and replies :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom