Upgrade Advice !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawmaterial

In Runtime
Hello !

Looking to upgrade my computer and overclock my e8400. Can someone recommend a replacement motherboard.

I want to Overclock and also use RAID hard drive configurations.

Current Mobo : ip35 - e < http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127031 >

Power Supply - COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro RS-650-ACAA-A1 650W Power Supply Retail at ZipZoomfly
CPU - Intel e8400
Cooler - Tuniq 120
RAM - 2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800
Video Card - 8800 GT 512 MB

Do I need a stronger power supply if I have 5 internal drives ?

Thank you in advance,

Raw

If you want to stick with an E8400 for now, I can recommend my mobo, assuming you can find it anywhere nowadays :lol: I've been at 4GHz on my E8400 for about the past year with no problems.
Though, I don't have experience with many other S775 motherboards so there might be better ones for OCing, for the price and availability.

If you want to stick with an E8400 for now, I can recommend my mobo, assuming you can find it anywhere nowadays :lol: I've been at 4GHz on my E8400 for about the past year with no problems.
Though, I don't have experience with many other S775 motherboards so there might be better ones for OCing, for the price and availability.

Ya I am pretty happy with the e8400 it has been a good investment IMO as the price has only come down about 30 dollars since purchasing the item (release day) for 199 at a near by microcenter. I am not quite shooting for 4.0 as that seems a tad too high :) however, hitting 3.6 to 3.8 would be where I am shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom