This seems like a great deal. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting a DELL laptop as well but I'm figuring it might be a slightly different situation considering its a $2100 game design workstation and like I said I won't have to deal with their support directly.

I think I might go for it.

As a follow up question, what is my current computer worth? And how much of a hassle is it going to be to wipe hard drive clean and reinstall XP before selling it? Never done that before.

Specs:

System now is Dell Dimension 3000, Intel Pentium 4, 3.0 GHZ, 80 GB HD, 1 GB RAM, Windows XP SP3, Dual Deck CD/DVD drives, 3 1/2 floppy drive, modem, case in very good condition.....

Just remember it's truly case by case basis I hate to say it but a comp illiterate bought it so i have a feeling thats why they took the price but anyone who uses craigslist to buy a pc is illiterate lol

Just remember it's truly case by case basis I hate to say it but a comp illiterate bought it so i have a feeling thats why they took the price but anyone who uses craigslist to buy a pc is illiterate lol

I'm going to ask for $179, just to see what happens. Maybe someone will buy it.

Can someone give me link to thread showing how to wipe hard drive clean and reinstall XP? Fortuntanely, I won't need to reinstall drivers since I'll be immediately selling once XP is reinstalled.

I've never reinstalled before so this will be a good first test.

How well do you want to wipe it? If you just want the average joe kind of wipe just boot off the xp cd, repartition/format the drive and proceed to install the OS. If you are looking for a DOD style wipe then check this out:
Darik's Boot And Nuke | Hard Drive Disk Wipe and Data Clearing

I guess an average joe wipe is fine. Unless its just as easy to use the program you suggest, then might as well do that.

I'm going to need my hand held on this one. I've never done a wipe/reinstall so I need to be told exactly what to do.

I would boot and nuke because an average joe can leave file fragments and you never know who might have that computer and get a hold of personal info left over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom