overclocking help request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm My cpuz shows the setting accurately however as shown below.....
ScreenHunter_01Aug221629.jpg

and here is a shot with peak temps during test with Linx...

ScreenHunter_02Aug221632.jpg

Just a hunch but I think I need to reset my HWMonitor program before each run?

Hmm, yup, its now at 800 and so running at full.

Yes, reset hwmonitor to see your high temp. Also, only the US uses F... the rest of us don't. You should show Celcius temps, as it'll be hard comparing values off the interweb.

Ha sorry Patonb. LOL I just can't get away from F'. I am wondering if my memory clocks are correct as I see a digit 9 in the sequence. Not knowing anything about those #'s I am just concerned that I may not have them correct. I am certainly most grateful for all the help at this point. It has been great learning about the more complex functions and still so much farther to go!.
If anyone has anymore tips to keeping my PC running at high speed but without shortening its life span I am all ears. I suppose I should go back to my bios and jot all of my settings so that the next time I need to reset the bios I have a reference.

Much joy in the chik household. For those of you who took time out of your day to help, the pizzas should be there shortly!

Cheers......................chik

Those numbers are the rams timings.. All i really know is lowers better, but as you increase the speed it gets harder to keep low.

Ideally you want the timings to what they sell them at... Basically what the spd page in cpuz says at your speed, aka 800.

I've not worked with an i7 or ddr3 ram, so I'm learning along with you.

Now that everything is at a proper speed try lowering the CPU VCore one notch at a time until it fails LinX, then raise it back up a notch and post your temps.

To lower the value one notch, highlight it and then use the - (minus) key.

I can't post a screenshot of the settings because I'm only looking at the manual I downloaded. But looking at the manual again I see that it's called a Ratio not a Multiplier on your board. Sorry about that.

Go back to the DRAM Timing Control and make sure you changed the
DRAM RAS# PRE - 8

Hey Slay'
I cannot seem to locate the "Turbomode Tech" function in the bios.
I did about 3-4 hours of flying last night and my core temps never got above 47C. Quite cool if you asked me. With Ultimate Traffic turned up the way I like it I had a drop in fps's to about 12-16. Before I fine tune the bios setting I wanted to ask, what is this chip capable of safely. With temps this cool I feel more confident about turning it up a little more. 4.5G maybe?
This is the fan I have...Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Intel Core i7 compatible V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler

47C isn't your full load temp so it really isn't a temp you want to base any settings off of. While you may have turned up a setting in a game, games do not always push the CPU to its limits, in fact it is rare for games to run the CPU as high as programs like LinX run it. Games may be able to run 1 or 2 cores at 100% but most do not need all 4. It is also limited by the graphics card. If you turn up the settings based on that temp you might suffer from overheating whenever a lot of programs run at once or another program runs the CPU at 100% on all cores. LinX is recommended because it pushes the CPU essentially to its limits and it produces the most heat of any stress test I've seen (for some reason even Intel Burn Test which also uses Linpack).

Start LinX, click the "All" button, set it to run 20 times and then click "Start". We'll know just where your at then :thumbsup:
linxj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom