HELP.... Problem with Temps and Temp Hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Mak, Was just having fun with Abstract. I must have just overlooked that one. Won't happen again.
And thank you for the info about the Mobo. I read about that on windows support but wasn't sure if it would just work or I would have to call them. Plus they wanted to charge me to help answer my questions lol **** billionaires need money to help, a holes!!!

Edit: I found an update for my BIOS and just for kicks I decided to flash. It did nothing for the temp problems and it put my CPU back to stock. I can tell the difference right away. Anyways I have a new mobo in route so it won't be long until its back up.

Tis alright Matt. No need for explanations. Just wanted to put out that info to you. ;)

I know that in the Windows area i have created a bunch of topics about OEM vs Retail and give full details of such things. But the terms of the EULA and TOS are always questionable cause it cant cover every circumstance.

To be honest if it is the same make and model, there shouldnt be any need to call Microsoft. But if you do just flat out tell them that the mobo was defective and replaced. They will activate it for you.

cool. Yeah I read that EULA rules don't specifically state that mobo changes mean change of OEM license, but Windows OEM rules states that mobo change = change in computer which in turn means change in license. So Its all over the place. Whatever though. Like you said, its a defective mobo so it shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks again and I will update once new mobo is in and going.

P.S. I got another post in the MSI forum saying my sensors need to be calibrated by software. Does anyone know what they are talking about? I am curious bcuz if my new mobo is the same I might need to do this.
Thanks

It is possible MSI has released software that permits people to calibrate the sensors, but, that would be difficult as a lot of the sensors, are truely, guesses based upon voltages and other factors.

Thanks Corrosive. Im not going to even try, if this new mobo comes in the same way, im just going to use the temps at idle and load before OC as baselines. Then watch as they climb and stop when I feel concerned. Its gonna take some trial and error but thats half the fun.

new update. I installed new Mobo and my temps are still the same however TMPIN1 in HWmonitor has dissapeared. I don't know if that matters but it looks like im winging it on temps while OCing

Also it is telling me I need to update my windows Key because of a change of Hardware. Now how do I contact Microsoft to get this problem fixed? If I go to contact them they want to charge me. F-THAT NOISE.
This should be easy but it seems like a pain in the A**
Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom