Laptop car mount!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
I have been thinking of a way to work on my laptop while in the car. I find it uncomfortable having it between the wheel and me. There just is not enough space. However, it seems to me that a construction that would allow one to use a laptop in the car while at the same time being able to adjust the position of the laptop does not exist. Unless I am wrong. Is there such a product out there because I would love to buy one and put it in the car.

It seems like there is not one universal that would fit into all cars. Maybe a good bussiness venture?!

It is something a few companies make a crap ton load of cash on, mostly because the government uses them for the laptops in cruisers and other federal/state cars/trucks.

The issue with a universal one is that, well, every make/model has a different interior, the one for my car, you remove the passenger seat, and the legs get bolted down under it into the factory mounts for the seat, then the seat sits on top of those mounts.

I actually ended up, at one time making a custom fiberglass one for my old car, it just got in the way to often.

I had an idea yesterday. Why not make a universal one that would be attacked to the parking break. It is sturdy enough I believe to handle the weight and all cars have it. All one would need to do is devise a construction that would be attached to the parking break and be strudy enough to support a laptop while at the same time be addustable. I think that is possible.

Not possible, a sturdy, proper mount weighs quite a bit, even a fiber glass one, those handle parking breaks, are uncommon in most cars honestly, plus, they are meant to be pulled up on, they aren't designed to take 20-40 pounds of weight pushing down, then you have to factor in the force the stand would put on it while the car is moving.

I had an idea yesterday. Why not make a universal one that would be attacked to the parking break. It is sturdy enough I believe to handle the weight and all cars have it. All one would need to do is devise a construction that would be attached to the parking break and be strudy enough to support a laptop while at the same time be addustable. I think that is possible.
This also isnt posible for another reason. People still drive standard vehicles. So they must use the parking break. So they would have to detach the mount to use it to park their car. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a mount that you have to remove every time you get to your destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom