Minor upgrades to an old desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy winning

I have a max rated 480 myself (actually I'm pretty sure they're internally identical) and it only puts out 430 continuous so It does what I need and it was free but I don't recommend paying for one

I use a Thermaltake 500w continuous. It's powering a 125w 6-core Phenom, Radeon 4870, 2x 1tb Western Digital Blue hard drives, 2x 640GB Western Digital Blue hard drives, 3x Blue Ray/DVD/CD drives, and 6 fans.
It doesn't skip a beat, and 500w seems rather low.

I use a Thermaltake 500w continuous. It's powering a 125w 6-core Phenom, Radeon 4870, 2x 1tb Western Digital Blue hard drives, 2x 640GB Western Digital Blue hard drives, 3x Blue Ray/DVD/CD drives, and 6 fans.
It doesn't skip a beat, and 500w seems rather low.

wow. That is good. Guess with my 650 I can run the world lol. Everyone who wants get on board now or forever be my peons lol

Thanks guys for all your replies. I guess that PSU is really "poop". I will save my money for a future build then, see you guys in a few months lol :D

Thanks again :)

Oh yeah. Turns out that 500w Thermaltake wasn't as stable as I thought.
Luckily it had a failsafe to shut it down on overload, but it couldn't power this 6-core and 4870 with my extras. I thought it was the motherboard at first, but I'm pretty sure it's the PSU at this point.
Either way it's one **** of a power supply for the money. I'm getting a Corsair TX750 this weekend :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom