overclocking help request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok lemme try it....
ScreenHunter_09Aug192207.jpg

and...................
ScreenHunter_08Aug192207.jpg

I guess I just don't understand the code thing. I have used forums many times before but I have always found an icon to post pics by simply browsing to my HD for it. Feel like a dummy.....LOL

This ways just fine... Some people are just too picky or lazy to actuallyh click the link

The easiest way to add the picture is with the little button above the text box that looks like a picture. Its inbetween the globe and movie strip, then just paste your link in the pop up blox.... But who really cares, you got them posted anyway, and the threads asbout overclocking... not pic posting.

Now that youve shown the temps and your cpuz shot, what have you done to start your overclock?

This ways just fine... Some people are just too picky or lazy to actuallyh click the link

The easiest way to add the picture is with the little button above the text box that looks like a picture. Its inbetween the globe and movie strip, then just paste your link in the pop up blox.... But who really cares, you got them posted anyway, and the threads asbout overclocking... not pic posting.

Now that youve shown the temps and your cpuz shot, what have you done to start your overclock?

It's not lazy to not want to click a link. It's inconvenient to click a link when it's very simple to imbed an image into a post.
The whole point of me telling him that was not to give him crap about the link, but it was to inform him that things can be done easier.

I fixed your image links in the post above.

In CPU-Z I also want to see the Tabs labeled Cache, Mainboard, Memory, SPD and Graphics. I'm only home for Lunch, I'll be back in 4 or 5 hours.

Start by getting LinX, it's a CPU stress test program that makes your processor run hot under full load. This can be used to determine your load temperatures. Run LinX using all available RAM (there's an option for All) for the toughest stress. Run HWMonitor along with it so you can monitor your core temperatures while LinX is running. This first run is to see how hot it gets before tweaking any settings. I would recommend keeping the core temperatures under 80-85C, beyond that you can damage the chip. With a good cooler it should run somewhere in the 70's, maybe even 60's if your cooler is good enough. The stock cooler will let it get above 80 which I don't like. Also note the CPU voltage during this run (it's listed in HWMonitor as well) because the stock settings sometimes run the CPU at a higher than necessary voltage and create excessive heat. Let LinX run for maybe 30 minutes, long enough for the temperatures to stabilize, but shut it down if the temps exceed 85 or so to prevent damage. Then post the HWMonitor screenshot with core temps and voltage.

I also saw in CPUZ that my core speed went to 3340.??? when under stress. I assume this is normal.
I don't mean to make a new post but I couldn't seem to edit the previous one. Sorry for the bad rookieness! LOL

To start with you need to Disable Intel Speedstep and the CxE Functions. This will keep the cpu speed from dropping below it's rated speed. Have you read thru my Overclocking Guide to familiarize yourself with the process. Some of the terms maybe called something slightly different with your particular motherboard. Sorry, I'm so late but I got busy but I will be here tomorrow for most of the day.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/i7-overclocking-guide-224693/

Hey Slaymate.
No need for apologies. I'm the one asking for your time! LOL and I appreciate that. I have read through your guide and thus I have a basic concept but it seems when I go into the bios, things are labeled somewhat differently so I want to have someone walk me through it in baby steps just to be sure. The wife is on the laptop so I will come back into the bios here with her internet open for reference in the morning.

thanks-chik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom