This seems like a great deal. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
True about entry level. But I would rather gamble with an Acer entry level system than say a Dell entry level

Last two of my desktops are Dells. No problems at all. Had computer on now for over 5 years. Never crashed. Never reinstalled XP. No real problems (knock wood).

System now is Dell Dimension 3000, Intel Pentium 4, 3.0 GHZ, 80 GB HD, 1 GB RAM, Windows XP SP3, Dual Deck CD/DVD drives......It still works well, which makes me wonder if I should just wait another year or so. What do you think I could get for this? $75?

Its actually the opposite for me. Kinda trust Dells, but see this deal and was wondering what Acer's desktop rep is.

Is this a decent video setup? * Integrated ATI Radeon HD4250 Graphics Solution

Last two of my desktops are Dells. No problems at all. Had computer on now for over 5 years. Never crashed. Never reinstalled XP. No real problems (knock wood).

System now is Dell Dimension 3000, Intel Pentium 4, 3.0 GHZ, 80 GB HD, 1 GB RAM, Windows XP SP3, Dual Deck CD/DVD drives......It still works well, which makes me wonder if I should just wait another year or so. What do you think I could get for this? $75?

Its actually the opposite for me. Kinda trust Dells, but see this deal and was wondering what Acer's desktop rep is.

Price seems really fair, could probably get more. Card is really good for onboard video.

When you bought the system was it one of those $299 "Dude you're getting a Dell" deal?

Price seems really fair, could probably get more. Card is really good for onboard video.

When you bought the system was it one of those $299 "Dude you're getting a Dell" deal?

It wasn't that low. Probably $450-$500 with tax and shipping. Including the monitor.

Staples is having a $50 recycling trade in on old computers. I don't know, maybe I'll just do that.

DELL SUCKS!!!! I'm glad you had no problems but if you did or do your screwed. Their support sucks and their product replacement sucks.

DELL SUCKS!!!! I'm glad you had no problems but if you did or do your screwed. Their support sucks and their product replacement sucks.

Their warranty repairs consist of basically throwing parts at it until it is finally repaired. A tech going back 3 or 4 times is not uncommon

Sounds like a pretty good deal. Not sure about reliability but it's always a bit of a gamble with entry level equipment.

Abstract Hero, are you sure it's an Acer and not an ASUS?

Pulled it straight from an Acer Aspire. (T180 er sumthin)

It's a foxconn board redesigned for the aspire so I'm sure its got a step cousin in an asus

The plus of getting my dell workstation from school is I won't have to deal with dell at all the school will. :p
I can run the thing over with a car and get it replaced free

lol Abstract. I had a bad experience with DELL. Won't even deal with them or their comps again. This was a laptop not a desktop and when my cd-rom drive went I had to buy their replacement as its a unit, and guess what? Its broke again lol. Has been for over a year and I won't fix it. So the laptop sits their, DEAD. Oh well, boo to dell.
and im spent haha

I have done contracted warranty repairs for just about everyone, and Dell was by far the worst to deal with as a contractor. One several occasions they would send a part and it didn't fix it (example laptop wouldn't get on the internet so they sent a hard drive (??))) So I would need to call Dell and explain what happened, etc. Everytime I would call first I had to fight with them to understand that I was not the end user and then I would have to fight with them to get it through their ignorant heads that I did not want to extend my warranty and I did not want to buy a new unit. The best was actually acer, they actually had tech supports for tech and they were native english speakers and intelligent (those qualities are getting to be a rare thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom