overclocking help request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA1978chik

Baseband Member
Hello.

I recently upgraded my PC with new parts and I have been reading extensively on the overclocking features. I have a basic concept but admittedly I simply cannot find the courage to try it on my own. I will list my parts below and would like to ask for help achieving a 20% increase or around 4G of processing capability. My main goal is to run the "flight simulator" at its best.

1) Cooler master HAF x RC-942 case
2) i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2G CPU
3) ASUS P6X58D Premium Motherboard
4) V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
5) Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
6) GeForce GTX 480 (Fermi) SuperClocked
7) 1-250G HD for everyday stuff. Windows 7 Premium 32b
8) 2-150G raptors in raid 0 for games Windows 7 Premium 64B

If I could ask for help in this regard I would most grateful.

Thanks in advance...................................................................chik

It's getting late but I'll try to help you tomorrow afternoon. I need you to download CPU-Z and HWMonitor and post some screenshots. CPU-Z, post a screenshot of each window (just the window, not the whole screen). For HWMonitor I need you to start it up and leave it running while you play Flight Simulator for an hour or so. HWMonitor will keep track of your temperatures and voltages and show there Hi and Low values. Take a HWMonitor screenshot after you've played and post it.
CPUID
HWMonitor (Don't download the Pro Version)

I noticed that I am not allowed to post images (screenshots) I have looked all through my profile settings but cannot find anywhere to change that. Could someone help me to be able to reply using screenshots as requested by Slaymate..

Thanks...chik

Once you print screen you need to open the image in painshop and save it, and then upload it to photobucket.com or a photo sharing website. Copy the image link [img. made available after upload and post it in reply.

:confused:My previous post may not have gone through since I just posted the link to the screens. This time I will click on the "insert link" icon.....
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Oh phooyey. I see now where my previous post is now showing.

:confused:My previous post may not have gone through since I just posted the link to the screens. This time I will click on the "insert link" icon.....
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Oh phooyey. I see now where my previous post is now showing.

I just thought I would let you know. With BBcode it's relatively easy to insert anything from a link, to an image straight to the forum.
You might want to use an image hosting website, because then you can just insert the image straight to your post and we don't have to download it.

Here are a few easy codes for you.

Use this and put the link to the direct image between ]here[ between the two brackets in the middle. This will show your picture on your post, instead of a link to the picture.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/faq.php?mode=bbcode
You can find quite a few neat things in this link.

Hey Rich....Thanks for that. Sorry for using this forum as a guinea pig. Here is a link to photobucket with those same screens...

overclocking pictures by LA1978chik - Photobucket

Thanks. I think you misunderstood though. If you highlight those pictures in Photobucket it will give you 4 codes at the bottom.
The second one says Direct Link
You can put the direct link between
to show the image in your post. Like this:

ScreenHunter_09Aug192207.jpg

ScreenHunter_08Aug192207.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom