This seems like a great deal. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagelred

In Runtime
Starting Sunday, Staples is having a sale on an Acer Desktop. Currently, $449.99, but starting Sunday, $299.99. Can probably use staples coupons to make it even cheaper. Here's link:

Acer® AM3400-U2502 Desktop PC | Staples®

* AMD Athlonâ„¢ II X2 Dual-Core 215 processor (2.70GHz)
* 4GB installed memory
* 640GB hard drive
* 16X DVDñR/RW SuperMulti Drive
* Multi-in-One Digital Media Card Reader
* Inlcudes USB Keyboard and Optical Mouse
* Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
* High-Def Audio with 5.1-Channel Surround Sound Support
* Integrated ATI Radeon HD4250 Graphics Solution
* 1 - HDMI Port
* 1 year warranty

Thinking of going for this. I love the Acer monitor I have, but what you guys think of Acer desktops? Thoughts on this model? Looks good. I don't do any gaming or high intensive applications....internet, word processing, watching TV on net...etc.

I personally would never buy an Acer .... or a Kia for that matter (no offense to any kia owners haha). Then again for the uses you described and the cost it might be worth it. See if you can get it to 250.00 with coupons lol. Didn't they used to give Acers away for free? I think my friend got one if he took some course online just saying

I'm using an Acer monitor i've had for 3 years and it works really well. What is it about Acer desktops? Bad quality control?

I'm using an Acer monitor i've had for 3 years and it works really well. What is it about Acer desktops? Bad quality control?

I just think they use cheap parts/chinese labor. For them to sell a mass amount at a cheap price (and usually include a monitor <I like their monitors for anything but gaming btw>) they have to skimp somewhere. Usually its propriety parts, budget CPU's, terrible power supplies, and cheap RAM. Like you said though your only using it for internet and word processing so none of that would really affect you I guess. Just don't expect to much from it outside of that (you wont be playing crysis). Matter of fact I would probably buy this for my Father because he uses his for about the same things that you stated.

I love Acers, in my experience they are absolute work horses. Very reliable and for the price you are getting a good system. Just bought one for my wife at Wal-Mart, 17.3 inch display, AMD Athlon 64 X2 QL-65, 4 Gig ram, win7 ultimate for $468 including a bag. I like it alot, more than my thinkpad actually--wish I could trade her but my company wouldnt like that since they own the thinkpad. But if I had to buy myself a laptop I'd buy an Acer or Toshiba. And all my desktop monitors are acer--again great prices for the size.

I used to run warranty calls for HP, Toshiba, Acer, and Gateway and Acer was the brand that I had the least amount of service calls for (in terms of laptops, now desktops are another story).

As far as Kia, not trying to derail the thread but the new Sorrento is a beautiful truck. A friend of mine just got a 2011 fully loaded with every option and he ended up paying $27k for it and a comparably equipped Ford or Chevy would have cost 20k more with less of a warranty. And the truck is assembled in America and a majority of the parts are made here as well

I can tell you my Acer mobo has kept me pretty satisfied though I need an upgrade. Acer is really a good brand but building will always be better.

and as far as Kia clearly you haven't seen their changes in lineup and they're increased reliability. They could very well become the next honda.

who doesn't use Chinese labor these days?lol.

Bagelred, I would go for the deal, if thats all you use your comp for its a great deal.

Pretty much. I mean, I do alot on computer, but nothing so intensive that I need a gaming system. I do watch TV on net and my current system isn't the best for that....so I hope video card is a solid one on this system.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. Not sure about reliability but it's always a bit of a gamble with entry level equipment.

Abstract Hero, are you sure it's an Acer and not an ASUS?

True about entry level. But I would rather gamble with an Acer entry level system than say a Dell entry level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom