Building a pc for the first time, need some help to make sure it all works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
an i7 uses tripple channle ram, which means basically it needs either 3 or 6 sticks of ram... and an i5 or any modern AMD processor uses 2 or 4 sticks of ram.

I don't know what reviews you read but you are sorely mistaken.

Phenom II X6 1055T and 1090T review

The 1055t, 1090t, and i7 950 are **** near identical in terms of performance. The Phenom II x4 965 is right up there with them too.

"will kick an AMD's 6 core's *** in any game or applications"

Not only is this a ******** statement, but your grammar and punctuation is terrible.

if you over clock an i5 to 4.2 ghz it will stomp on any AMD processor, plain and simple.

and that review is a review on a 1055 and a 1090.

and forgive me for my grammar and punctuation teacher, i worked 11 hours today and im tired...

EDIT: you know what, i dont care anymore, its your money Scriptkitty, i can lead a horse to water but cant force it to drink... i gave my 2 cents its up to you to do what you want with it...

if you over clock an i5 to 4.2 ghz it will stomp on any AMD processor, plain and simple.

and that review is a review on a 1055 and a 1090.

and forgive me for my grammar and punctuation teacher, i worked 11 hours today and im tired...

EDIT: you know what, i dont care anymore, its your money Scriptkitty, i can lead a horse to water but cant force it to drink... i gave my 2 cents its up to you to do what you want with it...

The Phenom IIs will hit 4.2ghz too. Most of them do nearly that on air ;) With budget cooling.

Also, since you replied about a minute after I edited my post I'll put the addendum here.

EDIT:

99% of the games out today are bottlenecked by the GPU. And if you lower the resolution to the point where you can see CPU scaling, the FPS is so high that it's meaningless results.
The difference between an i7 965 and a Phenom II x4 965 at very high resolutions is very small. Why? Because these games are limited by the GPU. At the lower resolutions the FPS is high enough that it doesn't make a bit of difference because it's well over 60fps.

Price VS performance is a huge win for AMD, especially with the 6-core chips.
And your statement about the i5 750 was just stupid.

are you kidding me, i have my 965 on water and i cant get it to boot past 3.8ghz.

intel wins again in the over clocking category.

Sean I didn't mean to offend you in any way, i've been listening to everything you've said I'm going with your build I was just asking questions for things I didn't understand. Thank you very much for all your help

no you didnt offend me at all, we are square... no worries mate... dont hesitate to ask questions, no matter how elementary they may seem to you. that what we are here for. ;)

Alright it just seemed like you were mad when you said you didn't care anymore. If a amd 6 core processor is so good why is it only 200 dollars in the one build someone made for me compared to the one you made? I just can't see the AMD being very good for that price.

i was... am mad... but not at you... so dont worry about it ;)

i dont really know how to answer your questions so ill just through a bunch of information out and hopfully it will answer your question.

umm..

there no doubt that AMD processors are good... but intel CPUs are GREAT! if you only have 600 - 800 to spend on a computer, AMD is the way to go... any more than that its so much better to go with an intel. they are just so much more efficient than AMD processors, they are more expensive no doubt, but you really do get what you pay for, and an i5 is faster than a AMD 6 core because its more efficient at processing information... i dont remember where i was going with that... i had a point... but dont remember what it was haha.

Edit, anyway, good luck with your build my friend, i look forward to this comming together, when do you think you will be buying everything and putting it together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom