HELP.... Problem with Temps and Temp Hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattk1045

In Runtime
Hey all,

hopefully someone can help me figure out why my sensors are reading my temps all wrong. I have tried every program and they are all what appears to be off.
Here is a screen shot of HWmonitor, all the programs show the same thing.

hwmonitornew.jpg

My BIOS only shows temps at idle, 32c for CPU and 25c for case. I am overclocking and need to see correct or close to correct temps @ load. PLZ help me all. I am in dire need of some answers.
Thanks

Touch the northbridge. Is it really hot? Somehow I think that TMPIN1 might be your NB.

Look at my screenshot:
temp.jpg

It SAYS CPUTIN on mine, but I can assure you that's the Northbridge. It was idling at 70c for a while until I decided to buy a replacement NB cooler. Now it's around 48c idle.
I think your TMPIN1 is the northbridge. Your Core temps are so low that they are not usable in any real way. They do not represent a real number so they must be discarded.
If you can feel the heatsink and it's not warm then your CPU is fine. Athlon II chips don't get hot, even if you push 1.6v through them. I know this from experience.

EDIT:

How is your case ventillation? I bet if you feel the NB heatsink it will be very very hot. I would recommend lowering the NB voltage to stock, and making sure you have good cooling (or stick a fan next to it and take a look at the temps)

Let me know what you find

I'm failing to see where the NB is relevant to his issue. He's had this problem with reading temps not them being too high. He has good cooling with a fan near his NB and had the same issues when not OC'd.

Is it possible he needs to RMA his board for all these faulty readings and possibly a bad NB?

I'm failing to see where the NB is relevant to his issue. He's had this problem with reading temps not them being too high. He has good cooling with a fan near his NB and had the same issues when not OC'd.

Is it possible he needs to RMA his board for all these faulty readings and possibly a bad NB?

Well as I said a few times; if he feels the northbridge to check manually with his hand if it's hot as **** then we'll have an immediate base line. If it's very hot to the touch then maybe those readings are correct. If it's not very hot then the sensors are totally screwed.

The board itself may not be bad. Thermal sensors are very rarely calibrated correctly, and I suspect it's just way off on his particular motherboard. This is a problem if he wants to overclock, unless he invests in a few aftermarket thermal diodes with a little LCD readout.

If he feels the NB and it's not hot enough to burn him then I would RMA it. If he feels the NB and it's hot enough to burn him then I would probably RMA it anyway, because that's pretty hot.

Now I have a question for my own benefit along these lines what temp should a north bridge be at and how hot to the touch is too hot mine i can touch and not necessarily feel pain but i can say it is hot.

my HWMONITOR is reading 109c for TMPIN1 temp, i felt the northbridge and its cool to the touch. so thats not correct then. Plus I have not changed my NB voltage. Its still at stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom