Compaq f700em battery problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mardan

Beta member
i have recently purchased a new battery for my laptop after my last one died. i have also purchased a new charger as the ac adaptor snapped off the old one. now my problem is that my battery takes 24 - 36 hours to fully charge. whan it does it lasts for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours so it does hold its charge. i have tested the battery with hp battery check and all seems ok. i had previously used the laptop on ac power only for about a year before buying a replacement battery. is this a fault with the battery or the charger or the power on the laptop? thanks

If the AC works OK, it is not as a fault. I would say your battery is bad. Try to make sure the receptors on the battery slot is clean. Those can get dirty from time to time. Where did you get your battery from?

battery is from ebay! 1 year warranty so can go back! cleaned battery contacts and still problems. will get the battery changed and see if its any better. Someone told me could be a motherboard power problem, so before doing anything drastic will change battery. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom