Building a pc for the first time, need some help to make sure it all works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can run both starcraft (high settings) and cod (low to high depends on which) so you'll be fine let me give you my final...

Never mind I didn't see calcs post
do what he says he outranks me on builds lol

Also i'm not too sure what to look for when it comes to PSU, all I know is the watts. If I post a picture of my computer case would you guys be able to tell me if it's a full or a mid?

Again, thanks a bunch guys I really appreciate all of the help.

Okay here is my last take on this.

Motherboard
Newegg.com - ASUS P6T SE LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor
Newegg.com - Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80601930

Videocard/PSU
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

I just need help with ram now, with that processor you said it'd require 3 sticks?

Re: Posted in wrong section, building a pc for the first time, need some advice

whats your budget and i will put together a best bang for your buck computer

1000~ is my budget

Someone else helped me as well but i'd love more opinions, thank you.

this is a little tiny bit out od budget but it will smash your build to a million tiny little pieces. it has a quad core i5 750 processor, a Radeon 5870 ( radeons Fastest single core graphics card ), a mother board that has USB 3.0 and two PCI express slots so later on down the road you can throw another graphics card in and be good to go for another long while, it has faster ram, a better power supply, i went with a budget mid size case over a full size because you want to put as much money towards components that process information as possible with budget builds ( ie; CPU, GPU and ram). this computer would be able to play anything at absolute maxed out settings:

Case: $40
NZXT GAMMA
Newegg.com - NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
YouTube - #26 - NZXT Gamma Case Unboxing Video

Motherboard: $120
GIGABYTE GA-H57M-USB3
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-H57M-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel H57 HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor: $195
Intel Core i5-750
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80605I5750
YouTube - Intel Core i5 750 Quad Core LGA1156 Processor Unboxing Linus Tech Tips

PSU: $110
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

Ram: $95
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

GPU: $389
XFX HD-587X-ZNFV Radeon HD 5870
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150490&cm_re=5870-_-14-150-490-_-Product

HDD: $55
Western Digital AV-GP WD5000AVDS 500GB
Newegg.com - Western Digital AV-GP WD5000AVDS 500GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal AV Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Optic Drive: $20
DVD burner
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Total: $1024

Sean W: I really like that build, but that case looks terrible. I can't stand the way the front of it looks. It looks like an old arcade machine or something.
Maybe this guy will like it :p

You should really try editing your posts instead of reposting every time you have new information.

I think you'd be thrilled with CalcProgrammer's build.

lol you are telling me to edit my posts when you have 2 posts right next to each other? haha

and with all due respect to both Calc and you rich, my build is better and faster.

lol you are telling me to edit my posts when you have 2 posts right next to each other? haha

and with all due respect to both Calc and you rich, my build is better and faster.

I was talking to scriptkitty, and one of the mods merged the 2 threads together with my last post of the other one coming to this thread.

Just FYI.

Also, with all due respect. I said I liked the build. The case looks like **** though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom