need help modifiying a laptop with broken screen into a desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got the enclosure today burning the date now. well see what i can figure out tomorrow i might have to try what posted above i really cant afford to buy a new screen right now. if anything ill learn something new lol

no both laptops r not the same model.
mine is a Toshiba the broken one is a hp.
what is bsod?
will it be an issue even if i load win7?

a BSOD is...

something like this screen here and there are many variations. It's essentially a major computer failure.
179298_bsod1_jpg042464a46c3f5bdfaef9b3ad07fa4ede.jpg

thus a BSOD gets its name/acronym from being known as a blue screen of death.

Guys great news i got it working like a dream so far no issues.
Here is how i did it.
I mentioned i had another laptop besides this one.
i took the harddrive out of the broken screen laptop and put it on the good laptop.
I loaded windows 7 disk formatted the drive hit install. right wen windows finishes installing and has to restart to start windows for the first time instead i turned it off and put the drive back in the broken screen laptop.
It took about a minute i tho it wasn't going to work and just wen windows started for the first time it loaded on the monitor. I then proceeded to run windows update and got all the drivers installed. The display was on dual monitor so i had to hit the Windows key+P and changed to Projector only and is running just fine no problems so far ill leave it on all night see if anything changes in the morning.

DSC00401.jpg

I also removed the broken screen so i can have it closed wile using it and not go to sleep
Cons so far: i have to open the lid to push power button lol and i cant see the bios screen but the laptop isn't wasted at least until i can buy a screen for it.

thank you all for taking the time and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom