Freeware RTS games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ET/IT

In Runtime
Anyone know of any freeware RTS games that are similar to Age of Empires, Age of Empires 2, etc? Or like Starcraft 1?

Like what Freeware RTSs does anyone know about?

Any trusted links to download from?

Unfortunately I do not. Can your computer not handle sc2? You'll really have a lot more fun with it than any freeware title. It's worth spending the money.

Unfortunately I do not. Can your computer not handle sc2? You'll really have a lot more fun with it than any freeware title. It's worth spending the money.

No offense but he is asking about free games, I'm guessing he doesn't want to, or can't, spend $60 on a game. I'm not familiar with the site Slaymate posted but it might be a good place to start. Or try searching on Google. If you can spend a little money I looked on Amazon and found Company of Heroes for about $8 and Dawn of War for $6. Both fantastic games for pretty cheap.

No offense but he is asking about free games, I'm guessing he doesn't want to, or can't, spend $60 on a game. I'm not familiar with the site Slaymate posted but it might be a good place to start. Or try searching on Google. If you can spend a little money I looked on Amazon and found Company of Heroes for about $8 and Dawn of War for $6. Both fantastic games for pretty cheap.

Reason I'm asking is more towards Linux compatible type stuff.

Reason I'm asking is more towards Linux compatible type stuff.

That would have best been stated at the start. So people would know to try and only suggest items that are compatible with Linux instead of suggesting Widnows based games that your not looking for. Makes life a little easier on all when we have such information up front.

But that doesnt include them all. What if he wants to use Wine?

WineHQ - Run Windows applications on Linux, BSD, Solaris and Mac OS X
WineHQ - Wine Application Database

Still allowing Windows games to be used and not have to be fully Linux compatible. Plus he maybe looking for more information as well than what a search can provide. Like if the game is worth the cost to buy it. Even if it is only $8. $8 can get me almost a half a tank of gas. I would much rather spend my money on that then a game to find out it stinks.

I played Netpanzer when I was on Ubuntu full time. Very fun :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom